Chapter 14

Vivienne 

I haven't seen Lilith the whole day, Dalida and Eliza have been glued to my side as well and it was making me nervous. I could feel that something was wrong I just didn't know what it was. And what was worse I wasn't wearing my hearing aids still, it's been a while since I did. 

'Is she alright?' I signed to Dalida who was sitting on Lilith's bed looking nervous, Eliza was leaning against the closed door like she was guarding it. I kept asking them what was happening, and what was wrong but they kept brushing it off with a simple nothing that I wasn't buying.

'She ordered us to stay here until she comes back'  Was someone trying to hurt me? Dalida saw my unsettled face and she made her way to me.

'Can I give you a hug?' I nodded and she smiled at me before she wrapped her arms around my shoulders. The door opened harshly making Eliza jolt forward, a very angry Lilith barged inside, Dalida pulled away from the hug and turned to look at her furious cousin.

Lilith blinked a few times and I watched her eyes shift from Dalida to me, then back to Dalida with a threatening glare. I know that look too well, I felt myself blush hard when her eyes suddenly landed on mine. Why was she jealous of Dalida for giving me a simple hug? Did she not like me being that close to her? I shouldn't let that get to my head, her look didn't mean anything I'm sure, I'm just craving her attention.

'Is your arm ok?' She signed to me, she's been doing great so far with learning sign language. I still tease her by signing Lilish instead of Lilith just to annoy her. 

'It's good, thank you' I smiled and she licked her lips unconsciously before nodding her head. Now her attention was on Dalida, she moved her lips so fast as she spoke and I didn't even catch one single word. Sometimes I regret not putting my hearing aids on. 

Eliza exited the room for whatever reason, I'm guessing it was Lilith's orders. Dalida then dropped her head down and rubbed her forehead in frustration. I was getting frustrated with everything, with this, with them. So I waved to catch their attention before signing what I wanted to say.

'Can you guys please stop making me worry and tell me what's going on?' Dalida gave Lilith a look and she left quickly, Lilith made her way to me and took my hand in hers with a soft smile on her face.

'Hearing aids? So I can talk' She signed, I nodded and went to get my hearing aids from the nightstand. I sat on the bed and put them on, I put the one on my left ear easily but I struggled with the right one. Lilith took it from my hand brushing the hair behind my ear so she can put it on. I turned them on and it was starting to sound less empty. 

"What's going on?" I asked her, 

"I don't want you to panic Vivienne," She said my name, Oh my god, she just said my name out loud. I've never heard her say my name before, oh shit it must be so serious that she had to use my name.

"And~ you're panicking before I even said anything" I am yes, I am panicking but not the reason she thinks it is, I'm just being silly, panicking over how beautiful my name sounded when she said it.

"What? No, I'm not" She gave an "Are you for real?" look and I smiled sheepishly, she knows I'm lying just by listening to my heartbeats and that's unfair.