Chapter 19

Lilith

I hated it when people are late, when I said 8am she had to be here at 7:50am not 8:30, what kind of musician is she? How can she respect this company if she can't even respect a stupid interview.

I shouldn't have accepted the interview just because this person had the same name as her. I had some hope, but it was all gone. I went into the little office connected to meeting room to fix my makeup and grab my purse before I leave when I heard a knock and my assistant say "come in".

Oh so she finally decided to show up, how convenient. I should just get out there and ask her to leave and never try to sign up for a job in this company for this rude behavior. These damn humans...

I could hear the girl's heart about to pop out of her chest, wait till I kick her out than I'll hear it pop for real. Just as I put my hand on the handle a melody that I haven't heard in centuries played in the room, my body froze and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Is it really her? It can't be...

But the piece, it's being played so perfectly and I know it by heart, there wasn't a single mistake. Does she remember it? Does she remember anything at all?

I put on my cold face and opened the door harshly but the girl didn't jump, all I saw was the back of her head and her long blonde hair. My assistant looked at me.

"Don't look at me Margaret, I don't want her to see me yet." I said and she looked back at the girl who was playing the music so perfectly, sending chills through every part of my body. I didn't know what to do or how to react, if she remembers, she would've recognized Margaret since they were inseparable. But she doesn't seem to know her.

When she was done playing, she pushed her hair behind her ear. A nervous thing she does, Margaret smiled at her and clapped her hands.

"Ask her what is it that she was playing" I demanded, Margaret started writing on a piece of paper and stood up to make her way towards the blonde. She read through the paper and looked back up at Margaret.

"I- I really don't know...It just appeared in my head"

Her voice...so sweet and soft, I never thought I'll hear it again. I never thought I'll hear her play again. I wanted to see her face, is it really her?

Without being able to stop myself, I took a deep breath and walked in front of her, I didn't want to look suspicious so I just kept my cold stare even though all I wanted to do was hold her in my arms and to tell her how much I missed her.

Her eyes looked up at me and I felt everything stop, my world stopped, literally. And for a moment it was just me and her in the room, on this earth. Her pretty eyes were curiously looking at me up and down wondering where I came from.

So beautiful and innocent...

She was wearing a nice black suit with a white dress shirt, her blazer was hanged on the back of the chair and her sleeves were rolled up.

Her cheeks suddenly got tinted with a warm color pink before she averted her eyes away from me and stared at Margaret.

Margaret grabbed the note from Vivienne's hand and wrote something again before handing it to her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Ms Falcon" she stood up and gave me her hand to shake, I stared at it for a moment wondering if I'm really ready to feel her skin on mine again, I saw hurt flash in her eyes when I didn't shake her hand.

Now she probably thinks I don't like her, gosh no, I can never not like her. Before she can drop her hand to her side I caught it, her warmth coated my cold hand, I missed it, I missed her touch so much. I let go before it gets weird and she smiled softly.

"I'm deaf, I didn't hear it when you came in" she said softly while scratching the back of her neck nervously.

'Don't worry about it' I signed, her eyes widened in surprise as she did not expect me to know sign language. Little did she know I mastered it now, I wanted to chuckle at her stunned state but I held it back.

"Write her an email, give her all the tasks and things she has to do. The time she has to be here, not a minute late. Then we'll discuss her salary" I said to Margaret all while staring at her, and Margaret wrote everything on a her tablet, the poor thing was trying so hard to read my lips.

'Margaret will send you everything you need to know about the job, come late again and you're fired' She nodded her head quickly and clasped her hands together mumbling a small thank you. I watched her grab her Violin...my violin, and put it back in its case. I watched as she bent down and pick it up.

'I promise I'll never be late again' she signed to me with a smile on her face, she had a beautiful smile, I wish I can see it everyday. Margaret walked her to the door and I finally breathed.

"Are you okay?" I heard Margaret say with a soft voice, I really don't know if I'm okay or not. She's here, it's really her, and I need to make her fall in love with me. I can't lose her again.

"Tell Eliza to find me every single thing about her" I ordered, Margaret nodded and left the room.

****

Vivienne

What the hell?! Is it me or does everyone know sign language now? I mean I'm not complaining but first the woman that saved my life and now my boss?

My very tall and hot attractive boss who has a nice body. And who was secretly checking me out.

My god..

I made my way out of the building, I looked up at the sky and realized how gloomy it turned. It was cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain. 

I think god hates me for some reason, I stood in front of the bus station for about an hour to try and catch a bus or even a taxi but no one was passing by and even when a taxi does they don't stop. I can't walk home now, I'll be soaked.

It was raining a little heavier than before as I sat there with my Violin case on my lap. I think I'll just walk, it's only about a 20 or 30 minutes walk from here to my place. But my baby will get wet, I can't risk getting my violin wet.

I can just put my blazer over it, I took off my suit jacket and put it over the case. Then I started fast walking towards my place, about five minutes I was already soaked with rain. My hair, my white shirt, my pants. I was shaking from the cold but I didn't care I had to protect my violin.

Then, the rain stopped. Huh? I looked up and realized someone was putting an umbrella over my head. I turned my head to see who it was just to find the tall woman I'm gonna be calling my boss standing there with a worried look on her face. Her car was parked on the side and the door was open.

She grabbed the case from me and nodded to the car asking me to follow her. She opened the back door and put my violin case first then I followed in after it. She went to the driver's side and got in. A life saver she is...

****************************************
Gotta be fast with them updates.

Muah

-S