Champion of the world

"And the National champions of the world are the faith high school lions." The announcer said I looked up there is no way that that half court made it. I jump up look at the score. We won. I run up to my team each of us screaming and crying. We are the Champions.
______________________________________

" hey Millie do you know what going on the internet it's down and the bus has been in the same spot on the highway for the past 49 minutes ." I turn around looking though the seats to her.
" I don't know mine is down to but I'll ask coach walker." She stood up and shuffled down the aisle to coach. I could hear her asking but now quit enough for me to make out what she was saying.
After talking she shuffled her way back and sat down next to me her face pale.
" mil what wrong." I say concerned
" there is a disease that is fast spreading and they set up emergency zones so there is no leaving this bus" She stays looking forward " bell he said there like zombies." Suddenly the whole bis starts shacking each of us clinging on to something. After a few seconds it stops. Then suddenly people began running jumping out of there cars and into the road away as fast as possible.
" girls pack your things only grab what u need and not what u want." Coach walker stood up and grabbed his back pack from his upper storage.
Each of us began packing our things. packing few pairs of clothes into our backpacks and small keepsakes.
" ok everyone get a partner. Grab their hand and do not let go till I say." Coach pushes the mean door open and we all climb out. Coach start running for the hill. Away from a safe zone away from safety.
Weaving through the people each of us panting and sweating from the amount of running we had done at this point. Finally we had reached the woods.
" ok girl roll call. "
"Smith."
"Here."
" wild."
" here."
"Winter twins."
" both here."
"Jonson."
"Here."
"Logerdale."
"Here."
"Dao."
"Here."
"Morant."
"Here."
"Dreyvok."
"Here."
A sigh of relief comes from coach mouth now that each of us are here.
"Coach what is going on." Nat rubs her hand together.
" well girls the disease had effected a lot of people and well I can't say it nicely it a motherfucking apocalypse."

Very short first chapter but it's the intro