Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Good job everyone take five." I comment on the group progress as they finish their last dance move and song as they're posing. The group huffle and dismiss their stance and walking outside for fresh air. "Except for Faith." Faith stops of where she stands as she looks at me scared. I yelled at her for singing softly and making her sing loudly. When she samg softly I would stop playing and yelled at her again as some points she would start crying. "I need a word with you." I stated as I get my song book and flip through the page to search for the song.

"I-is t-there something w-wrong?" Faith ask as knowing her, she's fidgeting at her spot.

"No." I simply reply to Faith.

"I'll s-sing louder. I p-promise." Faith explains.

"I know you will." I reply in a monotone as I flip more pages.

"G-Grace please don't k-kick m-me o-off the t-team I l-love doing it a-and d-ancing with you guys." Faith begs as I finally found thr song I was searching.

I look at Faith and smile at her. "I want to do a song that I want you to sing." I explain as I pat the bench next to me as I signal Faith to sit next to me. Faith swiftly take a seat next to me as she looks at the lyrics of the song.

"Daughter of the moon?" Faith reads the title of the song. "What's the song about?" Faith asked, her finger trace over the keys on the piano as her finger glides across the keys. I froze in my spot and felt my mind going back to memory lane.

Tears keep prickling down my cheeks as I continue to cry silently. Feeling if I was to cry someone might hear me, give me a concern look. It was a year now since Isabel and Farlan death. I miss him so much even if he joke with me or call me names, but I knew he had a soft side to his personality. I miss my sister that even though Isabel wasn't my real sister. She was a sister that I dreamed was, I wish Mary can act like her, but Mary vision was clouded with fear. Akiak, Tyler, and Jason lay next to me on the blanket that still smell like them. Still lingering on the blankets. The wimd blow genlty in the room as the wind blow my bangs away from my eyes. Drying my tears on my cheek as I swifted in my spot. Then look at the window seeing the moon, the moon shine so bright as the silver light shines. "Silver light." I whisper, then I turned away. "She turned her face up to the starlit sky." Then my eyes light up as I feel a song coming in my mind. I quickly get out of bed, on my desk. I grab the entire pack of paper and walk out the room while Akiak, Tyler, and Tyler trail behind. I set my paper on the piano top and sat down on the piano top and sat down on the piano seat and play some keys. Akaik sits next to me on the seats as I play the keys.

"Grace?" Faith hand move up and down in front of my face and I snap out of my thoughts. "A-are you o-okay?"

"Yeah." I reply rubbing the brim of my nose. "Just had a flash back." Faith went completely silent as her small run my back in comfort. My hand run through my long brown hair and I look at Faith. "Now let's get to the song."

"Listen up maggots. Today is an special treat. A song battle between cadet Tina Fryer squad and Grace Martinez." Shadis yells to the audience.

"I think I'm going to puke." Alexis pipes up.

"Relax, you do fine." I explain. Everyone who is preforming is back stage of the choosing ceramomy. I look around behind the choosing ceramony back stage, it's pretty big in my opinion. I look at the stage to found a piano and my guitar.

"Say a person who have more experience." Alexis combat back.

"I sometimes get nervous before a preform." It's true when my first through 27 performance I felt like to throw up of my nervousness, but over time. I start to relax and just focus on the music.