Chapter Eight

Akiak lays across my stomach as I continue to sleep and so does she. It was turning into the morning. I was still tired from the action from saving Akaik and from Akiak whines from her dreams. Its been three days since Akiak was part of the family. In out of nowhere in the night. Akiak would start twitching her legs, her breathing became faster, and then Akiak would let out a cry. That usual wakes me up and then Akaik wakes up. I usually pet her behind the ears to ease the pain. Poor thing. I know how it feels to feel dramatize. Is this how Farlan, Isabel, and Levi felt. Bad for someone else and wanting them to feel better?

"Is everything alright?" Farlan usually comes into my room whenever Akiak cries. His eyes looked sad and tired.

"Yeah, Akiak still have nightmares." I said as she gets off my stomach and she brings herself closer to me on my side as she curls up in a ball and goes to sleep.

"Poor thing. She might forget and realize that no one will hurt her every again." Farlan said as he gets to my other side of the bed. "Hey Grace? Do you still remember what I told you when your younger?" Farlan ask, I stare at his eyes and nod.

"Yeah. I remember, what about it?" I asked and he smiles in return.

"That will happen to us, so in the meantime, lets make Akiak our child. I will be the father and you will be the mother." When Farlan said that I started to giggle silently and looked at him in a funny way. "What?" Farlan ask and I shook my head.

"Nothing just its funny how your acting and if you want to be the father of Akaik then go ahead. I wouldn't mind. Levi can be the uncle and Isabel can be the aunt." I said jokingly and Farlan laughs.

"I wondering how they would react?" Farlan said as I hold in my laugh from inside.

"They would freak out while I said, 'we're just joking.' As we start cleaning the place as our punishment." I said and Farlan expression change. In his eyes looked hurt.

"Yeah." As Farlan coughs and he gets up from the bed. "Its just a joke." He said as he walks out of my room and closes the door.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask Akiak and she looks at me and then went back to sleep. I did the same thinking about what Farlan did. My heart ached and I silently cried.

Why am I crying? Do I really care for him? Did I actually hurt someone that I do care. Farlan is like a brother to me, but we aren't really related, but is it just I am still young and I still don't know, whether or not I am still immature? I am only ten.

Akiak can feel my emotion as she lays her head on my stomach. I smiled at Akiak action and started petting her.

"Love you." I said as Akiak licks my hand. My eyes became heavily as I fall asleep.

Soon morning comes. I tried to get enough sleep as I could, then Isabel junps on me and knock some air out of me.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty! It's morning! Food is ready!" She yells on my face. I rub my face and Akiak gets off of her comfortable spots and starts stretching. "Someone is up and ready to, but not someone I know." Akiak soon starts licking Isabel on her face. "Okay, Akiak. Please stop licking my face... Stop! Ew! Grace tell Akaik to stop licking my face!" She yells at me as I yawned and start stretching.

"Akiak. Deja de lamer la cara de Isabel." I said in my native language and Akaik stops licking her face and limps into the living room as she lays on the carpet. Yesterday Akaik tried to lay on the couch, but the last time she did that. Levi looks as he was about to kill her and since that day, Akiak have been laying on the floor. On the first day when I brought her. She would always follow me whenever I go. Akiak is there. I ask Levi, Farlan, and Isabel to spend time with Akiak luckily they did. Akaik is getting comfortable with them, but she didn't trust them as much as she trusted me.

"Wow. Grace what language is that?" She asked me. I smiled as I get off the bed and Isabel sits on my bed.

"Its what I was originally from and my first language, but as a smaller girl I learned English at the same time and luckily I could speak another language. The language I been speaking to Akiak as well in English is Spanish." I said as I get up and walked out of the room. Isabel follows behind me. I looked at Levi as he sets the bread on the table, soon my eyes locked on Farlan. His eyes stares at me in still a hurt. I turned my head away from me. Levi and Isabel can feel the tense between us, Levi throws his knife down on the table, as it stands.

"Tch! I don't know what happen between you two, but make up and move on." Levi said as he takes me to the couch as he sits me next to Farlan, then he sits on the kitchen table as Isabel takes a seat across from Levi. Akiak can sense the mood as she gets up and walks to Levi and Isabel as she gets in front of Levi. It was silent between me and Farlan. I could feel a weird atmosphere between us. "Tch! If you guys don't start talking. I am going to throw you out of the house and not letting you come back until the problem is solve." Levi strictly said as I looked at Farlan and deciding to be the first person talking.

"Farlan. Why do you hate me?" I ask and Farlan looks at me and then he sighs.

"I'm not mad at you its just that I need to realize that your a kid still." Farlan looks at me and smile. "Hurry up and grow up so you can be my wife." Farlan smiles as he leans over to my face and kiss my cheek. Soon the tension between us faded and the atmosphere between us change into a its usual day.

"Tch! Farlan she will never going to be your wife." Levi said as Isabel gets up and grabs his ear again and takes Farlan into a room and so does Levi, he quickly looks at me and points his finger at me.

"Stay here." He said as I was a dog.

"Okay." I reply as Akiak move in front of my and lays her head on my feet. I looked at the bread that Levi cut, feeling my stomach growled I get and grab a piece of bread I gave half to Akiak as she eats it gracefully. Then I ate the bread as well. It was still warm.

Deja de lamer la cara de Isabel means Stop licking Isabel face