Chapter Three

Two years past and my mom and dad and sister kept me close to them at all cost. When my mom takes me to the market. I sometimes see Levi, Farlan, and Isabel together. I always wave at them and they always wave back including Levi. My mom grabs my hand and walks me away and that's when shopping always ends.

One day, I could remember what happen. I was playing with my toys and my mom was cleaning up and my sister was helping my mom. Then my father enters in the house and he lays on the couch. He didn't say his greetings and he sat on the couch. He puts his fingers in his hair and looks at me and sighs. Then my mom comes in and sits on the couch to next daddy.

"Whats wrong dear?" My mother said. He looks at her and all of us. My sister finally enters the room and stands next to me as I get up off of the floor.

"I got robbed and I shut down my business." That's when my mom starts to cry and she hugs him. My sister did the same and I stand there confusing, but I didn't like to see my parents sad. So I hug them as well.

"What's going to happen to us now?" My sister asked.

"I don't know my love." My father said.

It has been days, weeks, and a month since I can't remember when I ate. My parents and sister tried to get money for food, but couldn't.

"Mommy. I'm hungry. Mi humbre." I said as I rub my stomach and my mother sigh.

"I know sweetheart you're hungry, but I can't do anything." She said and walks to my sister as she was sitting on a chair and holding her stomach as she reads a book. Father looking at the window and staring at the town we live in. I couldn't take it. Now my chance to search for food. I carefully walk to the door and open it and close it and start looking for food.

I checked everywhere I went. Houses look at people destroy them and water everywhere I felt sick, but I was hungry at the same time. There I saw food. A loaf of bread sitting on a table. I heard my stomach growled its a big piece of bread. Perfect for my family. Carefully I walk towards the wagon and snatch the bread and looked at the bread. It was still warm and soft too. I smelled the bread. It smells nice.

"Hey! Theft stops right there you freeloader." I looked up to see a three man looking at me, I ran out holding the bread. "Get back here you shit head brat!" The man yells at me, but I kept running. I ran past people left and right, good thing I was small and able to squeeze through them.

"Grace!" My father yelled and I ran up to him. I jumped on him and he holds me. There were my mom and my sister.

"Grace? Where did you get the bread?" My sister asked me. My father looks at the bread that was in my hand.

"Grace do not tell us, that you-"

"There is her family! Kill her!" The man yelled at the man. That's when my parents and react to running away from them. I could feel their feet are weak without food. Soon the man caught us and made chased us towards the damaged part of the city.

"Don't kill her. She was hungry." My father yells getting in front of me and big sister. My mom was at his side.

"Kill the parents." The man said and they charge at my parents. my parents fought back but haven't eaten for months the man slit my mother throat with his knife and another man stab my father in the stomach multiple times. My sister cover eyes in my hair as I watched these people kill my parents. This is all my fault. I made a decision to steal food from these people for my family. But in the end, they died because of my action. My parents lay all cover in blood. I looked at the man as the glare at me.

"Can we kill the kids." One man asks as he looks at the other guy that haven't fought back.

"We should." The guy who was next to the man that ask the leader. They start walking towards us, as I shut my eyes ready to get killed.

"Wait!" One man said.

"What is it, boss?"

"We could sell them. There worth a lot of money."

"That's a good idea." I open my eyes to see them smiling at us.

"Come on children we won't hurt you." A man said.

"Grace." I hear my sister whisper in my ear. I nod my head in reply so she knows I was listening. "When I said now. Start running." She said. What does she mean start running what is she planning to do? "Now." She whispers in my ear. She runs up to the man and attacks one of them.

"What the hell!" One man screams.

"Grace! What are you doing? Run!" She yells at me, but I stay still. I couldn't move, my body is paralyzed. Soon one man pushes her on the ground, while the man who hasn't attack takes out an ax and cuts her head. Her head tumbles away from her body and blood squirted everywhere. Some got on my gown I was wearing.

"I'm going to kill this brat!" The man who was attacked charges at me. I close my eyes and waited to be dead. But nothing. I heard grunting, slashing, bones breaking, and body falling.

"Grace? Are you okay?" A voice calls for me, I still had my eyes close, until I hand went to my face and that's when I saw who it is. Farlan.

"Big bro! That's all of them!" Isabel yells to Levi as walks up to me and so does Isabel.

"Farlan. Isabel. Levi. Are you going to kill me?" I ask and in their eyes, I saw shocked in all of their eyes.

"No. We saved you." Levi answer. Soon Farlan lifts me up and I was in his arms.

"Big bro. Can she stay with us?" Isabel said as she looks into my eyes. I could see she felt bad for me.

"Please, Levi. She still is a child. Isabel and I can take care of her like she is our sibling." Farlan tries to persuade Levi. He looks at me and sighs.

"She can live with us. But she needs to clean and get some nice clothes instead of that filthy dress she's wearing." Levi said.

"Thank you, Levi!"

"Thank you big bro!"

"Now let's get Grace cleans," Levi said as all of us leave the bloody scene. Levi, Farlan, and Isabel are going to take care of me.

"Thank you," I said softly.

"Your very welcome," Levi said and they brought me to my new home and new life with Isabel, Farlan, and Levi.