Chapter Fifteen

The scouts found me a home that I could live in with the only things I had with me, my dogs and my guitar. I sat in the chair as I couldn't visited Levi, Farlan, and Isabel because they were at training. I soon became hungry and I realized that I don't have any money. I get my guitar as Akiak, Tyler, and Jason follows me as they got a chance to play outside. I walked until I found a good place that I could play. I sit on the steps of stairs that leads into a lower part. I set a hat that I found on the floor as I set in the middle as I start stringing my guitar as I play a new song that I taught myself.

"That dream is where my heart belongs,
and it's something more fragile than my life.
Again and again, I abandoned and then rediscovered it.
Now sleep peacefully.
With my wish being ravished by my pounding heartbeats,
as soon as I'm on the verge of forgetting it, I immediately recall it.

In this beautiful cruel world,
we merely keep on asking "why" we're alive and living...
Ah, with this strength and this weakness,
if we no longer possess any rationality,
just what are we protecting?

Isn't that sky depressing?
The ashes and mirages swirl up in the sky.
Freeze solid to the warm words,
now sleep discreetly.
With my sigh being hid away by my clingy fantasies,
as soon as it's about to break free, it's pinned down again.

In this beautiful cruel world,
we merely keep on begging death to wait a little longer...
Ah, no different from the flightless weathercock,
we will not understand
whether truths are prettier than lies.

If only we were songs,
we would be able to sail at full speed in the wind,
and bring hope without fail
to someone out there.

In this beautiful cruel world,
we merely keep on asking "why" we're alive and living...
Ah, with this strength and this weakness,
if we no longer possess any rationality,
just what are we protecting?" Soon its goes to the solo and then I continue.

"Your dream is where your heart is
It's something more fragile than life itself
No matter how many times you throw it away, you still find it
So rest in peace now

Your wish is violated by your pulsing urge
and as much as you forget about it, you recall it again

In this beautiful and cruel world
We only ask "why" we're still alive...
Ah, what are we going to protect
with our strength and weakness? If reason
no longer exists

That sky looks sad
Ashes and mirages rise up
You freeze in warm words
So rest in secret now

Your grief is hidden by fantasies sticking to you
and as much as it tears apart, it joins back together again

In this beautiful and cruel world
We only beg for death to "wait"...
Ah, we're flightless weathercocks
We don't know if the truth
is more beautiful than lies or not

If we are songs
Then we'll raise the flags to that wind
and just send hope to someone
without hesitation, if only...

In this beautiful and cruel world
We only ask "why" we're still alive...
Ah, what are we going to protect
with our strength and weakness? If reason
no longer exists." I ended the song as people started to clap as my dogs bark in reply as they heard my play as the people start throwing money into the hat. The clapped continue and then in my eyes I realize something. They don't understand.

As I go to the hat I see how much money I made and then another person put money in the hat. I looked up and see an old man.

"I see your very passion for music." The man said as I get the money in the hat and counted. "I know what the songs was about." I froze my counting as I looked at him. "I see that you have a tragic past. I can see alot of talent coming out of you. I want to teach you how to play the piano. A very beautiful instrument." I looked at the money and then into my pocket as I get up and nod.

"Sure I would love to." I reply, I know Levi told me not to talk to strangers, but he was giving free lessons. Akaik, Jason, and Tyler smell him and all of them growled. Not a good sigh, I gently nudge them and they stopped. The man showed me to his house as I still have my pocket knife in my pockets. He takes me to a big room, with only the piano. It was a black piano as it stands there being proud.

"Let's begin." The man said as he sits me and teaches me the keys.

Its been few weeks as I went to the old man named, who is a retired musician and now he teaches people music. He gets paid, but I was getting free lessons. I caught on how to play the piano, it was simply. My teacher name is Ludwig. As I start getting amazing, he got me my first performance in at a café.

"Really thanks, but what song am I going to sing? Can I pick it?" I ask and Ludwig nods.

"Sure. What do you have in mind."

"My favorite song. Hanging tree." I said as I started playing it on the piano. As I finished, I looked at Ludwig and his eyes looked unpleasant and not amused.

"Hanging tree? I don't think its a good song, you thug." He said and then I looked at him and then get up. "Its so stupid and I don't get it?" He said. I start walking away from him.

"It doesn't mean you have to call it stupid or call me a thug." As I walked out of his house and Akiak followed me. I left Jason and Tyler home. As I walk home thinking about what the man said.

I don't understand the song?

The song is about giving hope under the tree that was hung by a man who wanted people to be free from the cruel world.

On the night of the performance, I wore my light blue dressed that goes to my knees and my laces boots that I got from the stores in wall Sina. As I walked into the café as soon the people saw me they gave me strange looks as I walked pass them.

"Your late. Now come on we need you to preform." A waiter said as he throws me towards the piano. Good thing I caught myself as I sat down on the bench as I starts playing hanging tree.

As I continue singing and playing the piano I could see them looking at me and staring at me as I feel myself to be nervously with there unpleasant looks. As I finished, the room was silent. No one said anything, until I see people that are my age claps there hands and then everyone clapped along. I feel ashamed and there unpredicate about the song I was singing, then I go to the piano and play some nice melody that the people started to eat. I continue to play the people started to talk and eat there meals they order.

After my performance, I was playing for nine hours as I got my payment and left the café and went home for the night as I fall asleep in my warm and cozy bed. Tomorrow I am going to see Levi, Farlan, and Isabel at the scouts in wall Rose.