Chapter Twelve

"Here you go." Farlan said as he was giving people there money for there task that I have no idea they did. I was cleaning my knife along with Levi. Soon I looked at Farlan as he was giving someone his money. I think his name is Thomas? He looks at his hand and then back at Farlan. Everyone left and I looked as Farlan as he sits on the couch.

"Did you give them there payment?" Levi ask as he still looks at his knife.

"Yes I did Levi."

"I see that your giving someone more money than the rest." As soon Levi said that I see Farlan flinched. "Why is that?" Levi added not looking at Farlan.

"Thomas leg hasn't been getting better its getting worse. Medicine prices has raised in the marketplace and it's expensive." Farlan said I looked at him and nod in agreement.

"The merchant are not doing anything helpful than raising up medicine and food. They just want to make more money and take the advantage of the underground city." I said, Farlan looks at me and smile, but soon fades as he looks down.

"I guess lack of sun can damage your body." Farlan said, Levi puts his knife on the table, he finally looks at Farlan.

"Did your mother died like that Farlan?" Levi asked, Farlan looks down even more.

"Yeah." Farlan answer. I got up from my seat and walked up next to him. I sat down and hug him.

"I'm sorry to hear that about your mom." I said, Farlan hugs me back tighter.

"I have you guys instead." Farlan said and I smiled. Isabel sits next to me as Akaik and Jason lay on the floor.

"Hey guys. I am so bored. What do you want to do?" Isabel said as she sits on the couch with a bored look. Me and Farlan separate as I get up.

"Well I have to get ready for my job." I said as I leave the room. Akiak follows me and so does Jason. Isabel runs after me, but I quickly shut the door in her face. I can hear Isabel banging on the door.

"Grace! You have a job!" Isabel said in surprise, I take off my shirt and pants as I put on my best dress I could found a blue one that goes up to my knees and water proof boot laces. I pulled my hair into a pony tail. I looked at Akiak and Jason.

"How do I look?" I asked and both dogs barks once and Akiak and Jason walked around me. I smiled and open the door to see Isabel almost hit me as she keeps banging on the door. She stops and looks at me, as I hold Old Yeller guitar in my hand.

"Woah! Grace you look amazing!" Isabel said as Akiak and Jason runs into the living room and playing with each other.

"Thanks Isabel." I said as I walked into the living room and Levi and Farlan looks at me. Levi gave his usual look as Farlan looks at me in amaze and found himself blushing.

"Where is your job?"

"At the small café where we got Jason from." I reply to Levi and he smiles.

"Big bro! Let's go see Grace go to her job!" Isabel said as she was still behind me.

"Yeah. We should." Farlan said as he was supporting Isabel.

"Tch! Yeah, but behave." Levi tells Farlan and Isabel. Farlan just rolls his eyes as Isabel smiles.

"Alrighty!" She yells as she starts running to the door. Levi gets up as he follows Isabel.

"Isabel! Hold up! Tch! To much energy today." Levi said. As he follows Isabel. Farlan walk beside me as I close the door. With Akiak and Jason waiting for me.

We walked to the small café as I hold Old Yeller guitar still in my hand. Thank you Old Yeller, I though in my mind as I walk next to Farlan.

"What song are you going to sing?" Farlan ask me as we almost approach the café. I looked at him and put my index finger on my lips.

"Shh. It's a secret." As I run to the café. My boss see's me and smiles.

"You finally made it! Now go get ready." My boss said as points to the stage. As I walk on the stage and sat on the stool with water, I tune my guitar to get the perfect sound. When I did. I look at the audience and see of them waiting for me to start. I take a quick glance at Farlan, Isabel, and Levi all of them gave me a thumbs as as I start stringing the guitar.

"I could lose my heart tonight
If you don't turn and walk away
'Cause the way I feel I might
Lose control and let you stay

'Cause I could take you in my arms
And never let go

I could fall in love with you

I can only wonder, how
Touching you would make me feel
But if I take that chance right now
Tomorrow will you want me still

So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know

I could fall in love with you

And I know it's not right
And I guess I should try, to do what I should do

But I could fall in love, fall in love with you
I could fall in love with you

Siempre estoy sonando en ti
Besando mis labios, acariciando mi piel
Abrazandome con ansias locas
Imaginando que me amas
Como yo podia amar a ti

So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know

I could fall in love with you

I could fall in love with you." As soon I said the last part I start to fade and then everyone started to clap. I got applause and cheers. Someone threw a flower and it lands on my lap. I picked it up and examine the daisy, I smiled as I smell the flower and then put it in my hair. I drank some water on the stool and began another song. I kept continue playing the guitar in nine hours straight and then my shift was over and I got my money.

"Thank you for preforming. We need you the next week." My boss said and I smile.

"Okay." I said as I walked out the café while Levi, Farlan, and Isabel are waiting with me and so where my dog.

"Lets get home." Farlan said and we start walking home. As we started walking home, I felt like someone was watching. When I looked at the shadows I felt something moved, the color caught my eyes. Green.

Smash!

Levi, Farlan, Isabel, Akiak, Jason, and I looked at a different alley. Farlan and Levi went first as me and Isabel have looked as we were ready for anything. Akiak and Jason growled as well, but soon stop and start to bark.
Soon Levi and Farlan appeared in front of us, unharmed and safe.

"Hey guys, you should check this out." Farlan said as we followed them in a alley and then there we saw a dog digging in the garbage.

"Tch! Disgusting." Levi said as we all watched the dog eating in the garbage. Soon its little head pops out and it see's us. It soon runs at us and  it wags its tail. The dog looks so young, its still is a puppy. It sort of looks like Akiak and Jason breed, but its mix with something else. Looks like a German shepherd as well. It barks at us and rolls on the ground as I kneel down and start petting its small belly. I can feel its rib cage and how skinny the dog is.

"Big bro! Can we please take the dog! Please!" Isabel begs to Levi.

"Tch! We already have to much dog." Levi said, he pets Akiak and Jason head.

"Come on Levi its just a baby. We can house trained it." Farlan said. I turn my head to see him staring at me and the dog. The puppy gets off the floor and it walks up to Levi and whine, knowing Levi is the alpha in the house. Levi stares into the puppy eyes. He was falling for the dog and Levi was losing.

"Tch! Okay. We can keep it." Levi answer losing to the puppy eyes. He starts walking away as the puppy follows him and all of us cheered and walked home to our house with a new member. As I still hold Old Yeller guitar.