Getting Ready! & Donuts?

When i entered the headquarters, i was greeted with an unusual site. Well, joe singing to one of the hermit was a common site. Joe writes songs and raps, it like his thing. But the unusual bit is the eighteen boxes of donuts sitting on the white marble table, next to false.

"Hey, guys." I walked towards them, and false was about to greet me but she was count of by music playing, and it was coming from joe's phone. "Ohh~ Etho, may-!"
"Joe for the last time, stop singing that stupid song about donuts!" False smacked joe in the head, and the brunette started cursing under his breath as he rubbed the spot on his head. "Uhh..what's going on?"

The blonde female crossed her arms, and let out a long sigh. "I wish i knew. Joe just walked in and when he saw me, he started singing about wanting to sell me donuts."
Joe rolled his eyes, and let out a quite tch's. "What 'am i supposed to do with eighteen boxes of donuts? Huh, tell me false." The more imported question is how did he get this many donuts? Who allowed him to get these many donuts? I took a look at the box and saw the classic round glazed donut. "Hey joe, can i have a box?" A smirk grew on joe's face, he turned his head to face false, and stuck out his tongue. "See! I told you, also etho feel free to take one!" I did, i picked the box that sat on the top of this donut mountain and started walking away, leaving the duo alone.

Finally i reached my destination, i opened door to be greeted by the two of them sitting on the floor, with blankets and pillows surrounding them, making a mini fort. They were watching something on gem's phone, but i coundn't hear whatever there watch because of the headphones.

I placed the box on the table, and then kneeled in front of them, gem was the first one to notice me, while joel was more focused on what's playing on the phone. Gem let her phone slip of her hand as she moved closer to hug me,
"Etho! i missed you so much!"

"I was only gone for a few hour, gem." still that didn't stop her from hugging me tightly. My eye slow traveled towards joel, who still had their eyes on the phone.

I took a peek at the phone and saw elmo? Why were they watch elmo?

I broke the hug and looked at gem, who is still smiling, "What are you two watching?" it was a simple question, but for some reason gem kept eyeing her phone and then gave me a look, that i coundn't read. "Don't worry, i'm wearing headphones, joel won't hear elmo shouting at a rock."

She was watch an elmo raging compilation. Why? Just why? Why was she making joel watch this?

"Well, i have to take joel to doc, for a shot." Gem shrugged and took the phone off of the ground, chasing joel to start looking around the room for the phone. God damn it, gem made joel an ipad kid, this isn't good. They stopped looking around when their eyes landed on me. Their eyes got bigger, and for a split second i saw tiny stars appear, their usual soulless black eyes started to glow, just for a second tho. "Hey bud."

I put my hand on joel's face, gently caressed their cheek, they mlited into the touch and i saw a small smile appeared on their face, they closed there eyes and they started making little noises.

God, their going to be the death of me.

"We should get going," i carefully picked up the creature and as i did, i heard whines coming out, at the loss of touch and comfort. "Good luck, i heard doc broke one of his arms!" If i was drinking something, i would have already spit it out but instead i stood there clinging into joel, who had their arms wrapped around me. I just stood there and raised my eyebrow, "Pardon?"

"You haven't heard? Doc was running down the stairs, and accidentally tripped."
That's strange, doc isn't the type to start running without a reason. "Why was he running in the first place?"

"It has something to do with, grian and scar breaking something that doc owns." If i remember correctly, something similar happened a while ago and it ended with doc and some other hermits creating a diss track.

"Alright, thanks again for taking care of joel, And the donuts are for you!" I waved to her goodbye, and as i left the room, i heard her shout, no problem and thank you or something along those lines.