Still with You

Jung Kook's POV

This was certainly not what we had expected on overhearing when we had come for our weekly meet-up with Jin and the others.

Jackson looked bewildered on hearing that he would be a father soon and almost immediately rushed Mark into their room. Jin and Taehyung stood there fidgeting and giving us shy smiles, I decided to take matters into my hand and brighten the mood, well since they will be busy for some time now, why don't we go ahead and have a late lunch? I am starving and I am sure Namjoon is as well. I glanced at Namjoon, who seemed to have understood my tactic and decided to play along.

Yes, I am starving it was a long drive here and on top of that the traffic!

Lunch is ready too, let me just set the table, Jin spoke as he turned to rush into the kitchen but was stopped by Namjoon who decided to accompany him.

Now it was just Taehyung and I left alone in the living room and though I am a tenacious young man, one look from taehyung and I turn into a Buffon. He stood in front of me awkwardly fidgeting with his oversized shirt and god damn he looked so gorgeous, I wish I could just grab his face and kiss him until I could hear his cute whines begging me to stop, hold on Jeon Jung Kook just what are you thinking? I rebuked myself when taehyung looked at me and smiled.

And I know I am smiling back at him like a dunce but if it's him, I don't mind being one. Do you need something Officer Jeon? He shyly asked.

Jung Kook, you can call me by my name taehyung, you don't need to be so formal with me, I lovingly smiled at him. If our smiles or eyes could show how much we loved others, wouldn't this world be a simple and beautiful place to live in?

He looked perplexed and I think it was the nightmares again, I walked up to him and softly lifted his chin to make him look at me, his cheeks were dusted with shades of pink and he tried avoiding eye contact but I caught his face in between my palms and looked at him lovingly as if saying just look at me Kim Taehyung, you would never need to look anywhere else, my black orbs encompass all the love I have for you in them, please just love me, I wanted to say but all I did was smile at him.

You seem perplexed, is everything all right? Are you sleeping well? I gently asked. He seemed to be taken aback as if he was not expecting this interrogation or wasn't ready to answer my concerns.

Uh, Yeah, yes everything is fine, Yes I, I have been sleeping well, he stuttered.

He seemed uncomfortable with my proximity to him thus I decided to hold myself back and give him the space he needed, I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I was just a little concerned but you must know this taehyung if there is anything you want to share, I am all ears, I will never judge you be it anything you want to talk about.

He looked at me with those sparkling eyes, do you promise to hear me out and not judge me at all? he asked with a slight trepidation in his voice.

It's a promise, you have my word little one, I gave him a goofy smile which made his cheeks turn crimson.

Thank you, Jung Kook!! he gave me his box smile and my heart was finding it very difficult to handle this cuteness and I was compelled to lovingly pull his cheeks, this boy had me wrapped around his pretty fingers and he was completely unaware of it.

What are the two of you talking about? Our moment of Elysium was disturbed by Namjoon's voice, nothing much hyung, Jung kook was asking me how I was doing, tae answered on our behalf.