Tremors

Namjoon's POV

I found myself standing in a dark alley ,a lone bulb flickering at the end of it and suddenly Taehyung came into view ,he stood at the opposite end of the alley the flickering light bulb right above him giving a view of his handsome and innocent face, he stood there giving me his boxy smile waving his hand at me and all of a sudden his face contorted into a frown, his light brown eyes filled with fear as he began to call for me HYUNG SAVE ME!!! His voice was a terrifying scream and I dashed towards the end of the alley to save my younger brother but soon three masked figures appeared behind him who pulled him further into the darkness, I ran as hard as I could calling out for my baby brother, Tae!!!! Wait up, hyung is coming to save you, I screamed as I ran towards tae but the closer I tried to get to him the farther he was pulled away from me and in the end I found myself falling on the gravel road my eyes adjusting to the darkness of the alley as I saw a final glimpse of tae being pulled away by the three men and all I was left with was his terrifying scream of HYUNG SAVE ME!!!!.

I woke up with a jerk sweating profusely as I realised it was a terrible nightmare that I saw, I could still feel the wetness on my cheek and that's when I realised I was crying even though it was a dream it was so realistic as if I had been an inch away from tae and just one big leap and I could have saved him, I pulled at my hair and screamed in frustration as it began to dawn upon me that my younger brother is still in trouble and we have no signs of him yet.

That's it I have to meet officer Jeon!

I drove to his police quarters hoping to find him home initially I had thought of informing him of my arrival but for the past few days he had been acting strange I know for a fact that he has been deliberately ignoring my calls and that was exasperating thus I decided to pay him a surprise visit today but I hope luck is on my side and I find him home.

As soon as I knocked on his apartment door it was swung open by a very dishevelled Jungkook , his hair was all over the place and he had huge dark circles under his eyes which were red and swollen indicating that it had been days since he has got proper sleep, I looked at him startled and before I could question him about his appearance he asked me to come inside.

Jungkook's POV

I woke up to a heavy knocking on my door and that's when I realised, I had fallen asleep on the work table itself, I sat up rubbing my eyes and stretching out my sore muscles. It's been days since I have got proper sleep I have been working double shifts to solve Taehyung's case, initially I was the investigating officer and we had got tremendous leads to finally solve the case but it got transferred to another officer and I was assigned a different case but somehow I could not get my mind off it maybe it was because of that boxy smile or his sparkling eyes something drew me closer to him and I had made myself determined that I am going to solve it but I couldn't do it openly since that would be a breach of my duties as a police officer thus during the work hours I worked on the various cases assigned to me by the authorities and in my free time I worked on Taehyung's case.

I had started the investigation long before Namjoon approached me and have been using all my contacts to derive information on Taehyung's whereabouts but there was no luck until last week a witness came to me on their own confessing about witnessing the incident that happened with taehyung and in all honesty I was frightened I knew for a fact I cannot tell this to Namjoon because he will be devastated thus I decided to do my own small investigations on the man that came to me as a witness in order to find out if what he is speaking is the truth or am I being nudged into a trap.

Heavy knocking on my front door brought me out of my reverie yet again and I opened the door to find a disgruntled Namjoon staring back at me but as he took in my appearance a confused look took over his features and I tried to break him free from his confused expression.