Fortification

Jungkook's POV

I sat hearing the conversation between Namjoon and taehyung as the latter voiced out the hardships he faced in this dreadful setting, my insides burned with rage on hearing what he had been facing for the past six months. Taehyung's teary puffed up faced and constant sobs wracked my heart as I saw him cuddling closer to namjoon while sitting on his lap and burying his face in his brother's chest while namjoon gently rubbed circles on his back and softly reassured him pecking his temples. How I wished it was me who could do the same to the brown-eyed boy who had tugged at my heart even before I met him, I had never realised how fond I had grown of Taehyung until I met him today, earlier I convinced myself that I was concerned about him because I had been diligently working on his case for the past six months but somehow I always felt drawn towards him for reasons unknown but the moment I held his hand in mine while I pulled him along with me in this room I felt a sensation that I had never before, maybe that explains why I was enticed by him.

Are you a friend of Namjoon-ssi? I was broken from my trance by a soft voice and I saw seokjin standing next to the couch I was sitting on and gave him a soft smile.

Yes, I am, I smiled at him and patted the place next to me asking him to have a seat, he nervously walked towards me fidgeting with his fingers contemplating whether to sit beside me or not, I could sense a discomfort in his demeanour, Are you okay? Is something the matter?

I, uh, a-actually, I could see him pull at his dress shirt which reached slightly above his thighs and I instantly realised the reason for his discomfiture, I took off my overcoat and handed it over to him as he looked at me with confusion.

Here, wear it , it's cold besides it will make you feel comfortable, I tenderly smiled at him, his eyes turned teary at my words and that's when I realised the beauty this young man beheld specifically his grey orbs that shine like pure diamonds, his face was truly sculpted to perfection by almighty just like Joon hyung had said. He sat next to me nervously and continued to fidget with his fingers silently as he waited for me to initiate a conversation.

Yes, I am a friend of Namjoon hyung and also the investigating officer for taehyung's case, I calmly spoke while my eyes were fixed on Namjoon and taehyung on the opposite side of our room.

Y-you're a cop! He uttered rather loudly.

Yes, I am and if I am not mistaken your name is Kim Seokjin, right?

Y-yes i-it is, how did you know? He asked bewildered.

Namjoon hyung told me about you, I pointed towards Namjoon's direction as he to turned to look at him and a sigh left his plump lips, he told me about the day he tried to save you also the day you both first met, I turned to look at Jin and was surprised to see his tear stained cheeks.

I had lost all hopes of getting saved from this horrendous place, every night I prayed for a miracle and I believe all my prayers were heard thank you for coming for us, I never knew Namjoon-ssi was Tae's brother even though we spoke so much about him I never really asked taehyung what his Hyung's name was I guess it was fate that made me cross paths with Namjoon-ssi that day maybe because things would turn out this way, so god made him and you my miracle, he smiled at me through tears and my heart melted at his vulnerable state, I didn't ask your name, he sheepishly spoke.

Jeon Jungkook, I smiled at him, don't worry Seokjin we will save you and all the others like you and tae who are trapped here, I have been working on getting Harisu behind bars for years but somehow she always managed to dispose of, but this time I won't let her get away easily, I spoke determinedly.