(1) tulips? two-lips? - trent alexander-arnold

"If I were your gardener... I'd put your Tulips and my Tulips together."

The peaceful hum of the park was disturbed by Trent's high-pitched laughter at the fifth pick-up line related to tulips that he voiced to you. It would have been considered cute had he not had a mischievous smile on his face and his eyes glowing of mirth.

What was even funnier was your reddened cheeks, despite, showing your disdain for the corny pick-up lines and Trent pointing this out by poking the heated skin.

That had done it. Now you were on your (own) way, abandoning your laughing boyfriend on the tulip path and trying to hide the culprit by placing your hands over your cheeks. This had seemed to send Trent into another fit of laughter causing the other tourists to start looking your way but this did not deter him, at all.

"Trent..." You sternly whispered, turning back around, to face your giggling boyfriend. He stood in the same spot you left him in, not willing to move anytime soon.

So, you gave in and walked to Trent ready to shut him up with any means possible - even if that meant kissing him.

He always gets shy when you show a little affection in public. Reaching out for his hand has him blushing, kissing him on his cheek has him stuttering his words and a peck on his lips has him tripping over air. It is the one thing that you are proud of accomplishing - making Trent a stuttering mess in your company.

At the same time that you reached Trent and your hand moved to cover his mouth, his arms encircled your waist and rested on your lower back.

Instead of the usual trick that would result in people licking their partner's hand, Trent placed a kiss on your palm. This action loosened your hand enough to hear what he had mumbled, "I love you."

With reddened cheeks, you glanced at the beautiful tulips that were lining either sides of the path that many of the tourists were walking. The vibrant and exciting colours - reds, violets, yellows, pinks - were so beautiful and striking that you found yourself at a loss for words. For a moment, the silly reason you were upset with Trent disappeared as the cool gentle breeze floated around the park - making the flowers move from side-to-side. As if the petals were fluttering with a welcoming greeting to the Netherlands, to the city of Lisse, and to the Keukenhof Gardens.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" You whispered, eyes not leaving the mesmerising scene.

"Yes, very beautiful." Trent answered, eyes fixated on your face. He didn't want to say this one out loud, out of fear you would think it was another silly line, but you were standing in a massive field surrounded by flowers and he still thought that the prettiest flower was you. His eyes never left your face and you could feel it, roaming around and taking in every section of your face.

"Y/N?" The strong Scouse accent makes your name sound foreign in his mouth and yet, it sounds like heaven to your ears.

You turned your head back, so it was facing him as you raised your eyebrows, "Yeah?" But no words followed either of you.

Instead, it was used as a moment of admiration and adoration between the two of you and for either of you.

Getting a close-up of Trent really doesn't do him justice as he is just so— or should you say too beautiful for words. It's quite unbelievable, isn't it. His clear golden skin, that deepens and darkens when he is sun-kissed at the perfect moment - here and on the pitch. The pretty brown eyes that sparkles as it follows your every movement back home - doing chores, cooking food even as you're getting dressed. The pink tulips can't even compare if you're thinking about Trent's lips - which opens slightly as his tongue flicks over the corners of his mouth, a nervous habit he picked up when he was younger and never let go. The defined muscles beneath the shirt you're holding onto, despite, many misconceptions regarding his slender figure.

"Can I kiss you, yeah?" Without a second to waste, Trent's lips were on yours.

He kisses in stages: (1) testing the waters - little pecks. (2) confident - his lips are now moving with yours as his hands cups your jaw, pressing gently into your neck. (3) make-out - this is usually reserved for behind closed doors but he gets bold. He presses you down as he hovers, exploring your body as if he's searching for diamonds in the sand.

The breath is knocked out of you both as you pull away, his lips glistening at the contact. As much as he looks sexier like that, you wipe his lips clean and smile as he hugs you closer. "I love you, Y/N. I really do."

"I love you too, Trent."

The rest of the afternoon was spent walking the rest of the tulip grounds, reading facts about how they are known to symbolise deep and perfect love. All it takes is a glance at each other to understand what doesn't need to be said out loud: "I deeply and perfectly love you."

But then again, you wouldn't know the cheeky Trent that he is now if he hadn't continued on with his antics, "Do you want to plant tulips? Your two lips on my two lips?"

*******

📍 : Keukenhof Gardens, Amsterdam, Netherlands