(7) you put a move on my heart - erling haaland

"It's so pretty."

The balcony that was attached to the private area where you had your dinner was decorated with twinkle lights, pictures of you and Erling over the years and small bunches of your favourite flowers in the vases you've personally made. There was a familiar scent which assaulted your nose and while you were looking around the room, you noticed that Erling brought along your favourite essence, as well.

"Oh Erling, I absolutely love this. I'm about to cry— don't laugh, you ass." The tremble in your voice made it sound less menacing as you traced the Polaroids.

There was a picture of one of your first dates where you got caricatures drawn of you and Haaland. Instead of facing the camera, you were leaning into each other laughing your asses off at the images.

There was another of the first dog you had adopted - Champion - a cute German shepherd which needed a home immediately, and Erling didn't hesitate in bringing him home.

The last one really made your heart swell with joy - it was the most recent picture of you and Erling. One where he had you lifted in the air as you held onto his shoulders, the Champion's League trophy on the ground and just... pure happiness radiating from both of you.

However, the empty space where a large heart was drawn left you confused. You traced the shape with your finger, stopping, once you realised that it was drawn with crayon and you were ruining it, a bit.

"Hey..." You called out to Erling, he lifted his head from the candles he was lighting and looked at you. "What is this for? There's just an empty space here."

"What?" He asked in confusion as he walked over and hooked his chin onto your shoulder. Your finger was pointing to the spot and all he could do was smile - smile and kiss your exposed shoulder.

"You'll see. It's a secret."

He grabbed your hand and slowly, lead you over to where there were two stools situated close to the balcony's railing with hors d'oeuvres on a small table separating the chairs. He made sure you were seated before grabbing the champagne flutes and settling down himself, handing a glass to you.

"To us." He raised his glass in the air, as you smiled and clinked your glass against his.

"To us." You repeated.

*******

The silence was lovely, comfortable and gave you time to appreciate the moment with Erling. It was a spectacular view; overlooking the city's skyline as the sky was littered with stars, not a cloud in sight. At first, it was a little terrifying being so high up but with Erling as a distraction and the perfect weather conditions you did not mind - all you needed was Erling next to you to make your night special.

Speaking of your boyfriend, you glanced over to his seat and he was smiling to himself - had been all night long. Not once did you see Erling without a smile on his face.

His pretty smile.

His pretty eyes.

His pretty hair.

His pretty skin.

His pretty hands.

Erling broke the silence first, "Can you come with me?"

You nodded, wondering if it was another surprise your boyfriend had planned for the evening. Originally, it was supposed to be a night to celebrate Man City winning the treble but Erling said he'd much prefer to spend a night with you. So, you showed up for a few minutes and greeted everyone before he lead you, by guiding your lower back, to a private room where you spent the rest of the evening together.