(21) birthday cabin - jesse lingard

"Would you mind taking the luggage inside and I'll get Isabella?"

Your boyfriend, Khalil, nodded his head in agreement as he parked the car in the gravelly driveway, the dust stirring up on the car and the stones hitting its sides. He switched off the car and made his way to the boot, ready to get on with the task as you glanced in the rear-view mirror, your sweet daughter resting in her car seat.

Unbuckling your seatbelt, you got out and moved to the back seat where Bella was. Her hair was neatly braided with pastel pink and blue bows for decoration. Barbie sunglasses rested on her face (a gift from her father) and a little pink gloss (she borrowed from you) was shimmering on her lips.

She was the splitting image of you - just her eyes resembling her fathers - but in this moment, she strongly reminded you of Jesse.

Okay, you might be thinking whatever's happening here. Khalil, with being your boyfriend, but your and Jesse's daughter in the backseat (?). Don't worry it will all be explained in a moment's time:

Jesse was - once upon a time - your boyfriend. It all started when he was still a player at Manchester United, a night-out where you had met each other and from there, a relationship bloomed. But, the relationship wasn't as smooth-sailing as you thought it would be. It was interfering with your work life - people disturbing you as well as your co-workers got too much handle - therefore, you called it quits not too long after.

But, boy, was there a surprise for you both. Because, not too long after you had found out that you were pregnant. It was agreed upon, however, that co-parenting would be the best option and you've happily lived your lives like that.

"Bella, Bella honey..." You whispered, unlocking her car seat and grabbing hold of the small one. "...we're here, honey, you're gonna see Daddy soon."

Bella awoke with a start and mumbled out incoherent words. It made you chuckle for a while, before, getting her in your arms and shifting her so she was comfortable.

"Daddy?" She mumbled, and you nodded your head.

"Yes, we're going to be seeing Daddy soon. Are you excited? Huh?"

She nodded her head, sluggishly, and wiped the drool from her mouth. "I'm excited to see Daddy."

Humming in response, you met up with Khalil as he carried your bags and lead you to the door with his hand on your back.

You didn't even have to knock before Jesse's face popped up into frame, his hands spread out in a hug as he greeted you at the door.

"Isabella!" He yelled, excitedly, and the little girl in your arms matched his energy. She wriggled out of your arms and almost jumped, yes jumped, into his but he caught her just as she liked it.

"Baby, I've missed you so much. How is Daddy's favourite princess doing?"

"Daddy..." She said, still hugging his neck tightly. "I'm your only princess."

All three of you burst out laughing, while, your daughter had the most serious expression on her face. "Did I make a joke?"

"No, honey, grown-ups like laughing at absolutely nothing." You said, patting her back and straightening her dress. "Hey, Jess."

You reached out for the man - as best as you could with a five-year-old obstruction - and hugged him, kissing him on the cheek. "Hey, Y/N. How's it been? Everything fine at home? Does Isabella need anything?"