(11) hurting - jack grealish

In his sleep, Jack reached out his hand to his side hoping to get stopped by your body but it never happened. The space was completely empty, and he turned around to where you should've been but weren't. Looking around the room, he noticed that the bathroom light was on, signalling that that could've been where you were.

"Y/N?" He called, getting up and into his gown to combat the cold air.

"In here."

He followed the sound of your voice until he stood in the doorway of the bathroom, leaning his body against the frame. "You okay?"

Still tired from the long day he had, he rubbed his eyes trying to adjust to the bright light of the bathroom, needing to run a brush through his hair as soon as he looked in the mirror and saw his disheveled hair.

"No, it hurts." You mumbled, your voice cracking.

"What hurts, love?" He asked, sitting down on the tiled floor so he could see your face. Watching your face contort in pain, he grabbed your bent over face and made you look up.

You could see the concern in his slanted eyes as it scanned you to see if there was any external injuries, "What is it? What hurts?"

Opening your mouth to speak was a bad mistake as another bout of pain flashed through you, arching your back and bringing back the nausea you tried so hard to fight. Grabbing his out-stretched hand, you squeezed it as you tried to regulate your breathing. Since, the more you move your stomach, the more it interferes with your ovaries and causes you immense pain.

Jack had an idea about what this was, not even needing you to tell him. He confirmed his suspicions when he saw the bloodied pants in the sink and the cupboard open to where you stored your period products.

"Okay..." He whispered to himself, rubbing up and down on your thighs, "...Y/N?" He spoke.

"How was work today?"

You flipped your head back up so it was facing him and raised your eyebrow at the peculiar question, "It was fine..."

"Come on, you've got to give me more than that hey. What about that guy who tried to steal your client, did you sort that out yet?"

You winced, in pain, as you answered. "No, no, not yet. The manager is only in tomorrow so that's the only time I can tell her, gosh, it still upsets me thinking about it."

Jack hummed, now, at the basin trying to wash your pants. Luckily, you realised you were bleeding quicker than usual and could get to the bathroom before it created an ugly stain on your (Jack's) pyjama pants. "I can imagine, you had been co-workers for long. And here, he just goes and does something like that to you."

It was your turn to hum watching his hands flex in the water, all wet and veiny and dainty but also rough movements— no NO, now is not the time. But you can blame your horniness for your sexy boyfriend on the fluctuating hormones in your body right now.

It took a while but Jack was happy with his work as he set aside your pants - to throw in the dryer - and walked over to you, drying his hands.

"Do you think you'll be okay to walk? If not, I can also carry you?" He hovered, gently massaging your shoulders.

You started sitting up-right to test the waters and, indeed, it didn't hurt as much anymore. Preparing your mental state to take this trek to your bedroom, you rolled on the seat before getting up, slowly. Jack lending a hand on your lower back as he lead you, "There we go."

The first day is always one of the worst - the extreme pain, the nausea, the dizziness, and don't get started on the break-outs all over your face. Food makes you nauseous and yet, all you seem to want to do is eat and drink water. It's peculiar but it's your body, something that you can't easily understand.

Jack made sure you were in bed, covered by the blankets and pillows stacked high to accommodate your aching back before kissing your forehead,

"I'll be right back. It's the pain tablets and water, water bottle, maybe I'll bring an extra blanket, just in case."

He started listing things as he walked out the room, you tried to stop him but, also, it was so cute how he was trying to care for you. It wasn't the first time so he knows about the process, got it ingrained in his head by now.

You don't know what you did in your previous life or who you saved to deserve a sweet and caring boyfriend like Jack but whatever they did, kudos to them.

It was a few minutes later when he came back into the room, his own pyjama pants low on his hips as his naked chest was exposed, a gown that was covering almost nothing up thrown over. His arms full of what he was listing off and set it on the bedside table, "Ready?"

He asked as he handed you the pain tablets and glass of water, situating the water bottle under your clothes over your lower stomach as you drank the tablets. The blanket he placed at the end of the bed knowing that you complain of getting the shivers on your period. When all was said and done, you thanked him and he climbed back into bed with you.

"Thank you for earlier." You spoke up, tangling your fingers with his. "I know you were trying to distract me from the pain."

Jack furrowed his eyebrows but recognition hit him and he smiled, a drunken smile on his face, "I don't know what you mean."

"Don't try to play the fool, you are not as sneaky as you think are, Jack."

"It worked when we met, didn't it." He winked at you as he slid further down, until his head rested on the pillow and he put his hand behind his head. Looking straight up at you, Jack realised that he got so lucky when he met you in the bar, both of you celebrating a friend's birthday, and eventually ended up spending the night together.

The Man City star had caught your eye the second you met on the dance floor, grinding your bodies to the song that was playing on the speakers. But it wasn't your motivation to go out with him - that was solely based on his cheeky and funny personality. Very charming, too, because he had each and every one of your friends enamoured by the end of the night. All of them saying that if you were to pursue a relationship, that you would be perfect for each other.

They weren't wrong because as much as they were falling in love with his jokes, you were falling in love with him. For Jack, it was the same he once told you, he actually noticed you when you came in and you had never left his mind since.

"Can I lay my head on your legs?" He asked politely and when you nodded your head, he moved even lower to lay his head on your thighs.

Instinctively, your hand moved to play with his brown hair, combing it with your fingers as your fingertips met his scalp. He moaned at the light pressure you applied to his head and hugged your legs.

"That feels so good, babe."

"A little thank you for earlier, it's not much but it's still something."

"Literally, no need. It's the least I can do, I wouldn't want you suffering on your own. You know if I could share your pain, I would do it in a heartbeat."

You laughed as you shook your head, "You would not survive period cramps, Jack, let's be honest."

Jack quickly turned his head as he furrowed his eyebrows, his Birmingham accent thinning his voice. "I would too!"

"No, you would not, love." You patted his arm, pouting, "But that's fine because you're strong in other aspects."

Kissing him and playing with his stubble, "Like being one of the best wingers in the world, babe, the best!"

Jack's smile became so smug that you had to laugh and playfully push his face away, "Of course I am."