(19) carnival - bukayo saka

Fun.

That's what you were having; Bukayo was on his 20th ball and made into the basket before the buzzer ended the game. He looked next to him — both on his left and right where his friends stood — and cheered knowing that he had the highest amount of balls that went in.

"Good job, Kayo!" You yelled in celebration as you walked over, kissing him on his cheek, with a proud smile on your face.

"I couldn't have done it without you, really. And here's to thanking all my fans who has supported me throughout the years — this is for you!"

Bukayo mocked a celebratory speech, lifting his hand up in the air. He, then, settled the hand over his heart as he bowed down in many directions, you and your friends bursting out in laughter.

"Stop..." You grabbed your stomach, a pain shooting through it as you tried calming your laughter. "I can't breathe."

It was a miracle, really, compared to the other days he tries basketball. I mean, if you were going off the footage of him trying the game in front of the English squad and failing (miserably) that even Marcus and Trent keeps laughing and reminding him of, to this day, then you know it must be bad. As much as you love Bukayo, you had to admit that basketball was just not his sport.

"You did really good." You whispered in his ear, as you stood hugging him. "LeBron James could not see that coming."

"I know, right. I've learned from the best but it's all in the wrist - wrist movement is important."

"Oh, is it now?" Raising your eyebrow, you glanced at your boyfriend. There was a small smile on his face as he looked at you, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Yeah, not everyone will be able to understand the technique. It's just something that you have to be born with."

"Come on, let's go." You said, seeing your friends ending their mini-competition at the hoops.

Yes, you might be wondering how you and Bukayo and a bunch of your friends ended up at one of the biggest carnivals on a Saturday afternoon — it was only open on weekends — shooting basketball hoops (?) Quite frankly, you blame the men. They had concocted a plan to visit the park and the girlfriends just got roped in with their plans — but it was cute, you won't lie. Everyone was enjoying themselves, and the spirits was at an all-time-high, the smiles hadn't left your faces.

"Anyone up for snacks?" You asked the group, and the majority of the hands that was raised was confirmation that it was time to go to the food trucks.

*******

As soon as you got to the table where Bukayo was waiting, you separated the Shawarma by cutting it in half and giving him the other half. He was in the middle of trying to refuse the food when you pushed it back towards him, "Eat."

"I don't want to disturb your meal—"

He began but you cut him off, "You're not disturbing anything, I want to give you a piece of mine."

His shoulders deflated and he moved to eat, "But if you're hungry - at any time - tell me and I'll give you my piece."

Smiling at your victory, you kissed him again on the cheek, wiping off the lip gloss that stayed behind. "Of course, you would."

It was quiet for a while, everyone focused on the meal in front of them. The tables around you had, slowly and steadily, began emptying since it was getting late but you guys knew this was the best time. The lines would go quicker for the rides, and less kids would be running — bumping — into you as you were walking. The group had debated on the next ride which you would go to but because there was a difference of opinion, everyone decided to split up and meet up again closer to the time the carnival started to close.

Bukayo had already finished on his meal and was sipping on his (your) water, scrolling on his phone. He was patiently waiting for you to finish before making your way to the big wheel, something he was excited for ever since you stepped foot here.

"Bukayo?" Someone called out his name and you both looked up, only to see Trent walking towards the table.

"Trent, mate, how are you?" He asked, taking his hand and hugging him.

"I'm good, good. Didn't know you'd be here, you could've sent a text." Trent laughed and looked over to you as you waved, "Y/N!"

"Hey, Trent." Accepting his hug, you gathered your trash and, quickly, disposed of them before coming back to the chattering teammates.

It was actually through Trent - or his birthday party - you should say, that you and Bukayo had met. His girlfriend (now ex) had been a close friend and invited you to the party, fast forward a bit of partying, and you had met Bukayo. Of course, you had known who he was but he was so sweet and kind that you had to leave at the end of the night with his number.

Luckily, you did and you've been inseparable since. You thanked the heavens for accepting the invitation, even if it was with hesitation, because if you hadn't you wouldn't have found Bukayo.

The conversation had continued for a few minutes before you greeted each other, making plans and saying goodbyes. Now, you were finally on your way to the big wheel and you could feel Bukayo vibrating with excitement, "Calm down, love, we'll be there soon."

"You were right." Bukayo said.

"About what?"

"The lines going much quicker. We didn't even have to stand five minutes and we already got a seat."

"I learned from my cousins when we were younger. They would always take me to these kinda parks, and I never understood why we wouldn't go on the rides immediately. I mean, we were all young - practically the same age - until they told me that going closer to the time the park closed meant less waiting time and more riding. It's something I've continued doing, even into my teens and, well, now."

"Makes sense, I mean look how empty the other rides lines are..." Bukayo pointed, making you turn your head to where he was pointing, nodding at what he was saying.

"Told you."

The big wheel had stopped and your cart was right at the top, the view of the whole park and London being incredible. It's something that you don't easily get to see, everyday, and makes you appreciate the little moments you get to spend with Bukayo — like this one.

He pulled you closer to his body by settling his arm on the back of the cart, his other hand making itself comfortable on your knee.

"Isn't it beautiful?" You whispered, snuggling into Bukayo.

"Yes, there's something about London's nightlife that you can't find anywhere else. It just comes to life, and does the same to the people."

"I was hoping you would say you're prettier to me." You joked, looking at your boyfriend with a grin.

He tried hiding his smile as he looked back at you, "I wanted to but I thought it would be seen as corny."

"Nothing you do could ever be seen as corny..." You replied, laying your head on his shoulder. "...unless we're talking about that speech earlier then, yes, you are corny."

Bukayo gasped dramatically, "And to think I have you a shout-out."

Both you and Bukayo burst out in laughter as you recalled tonight's earlier memories, nothing but smiles on your faces.

"I'm glad I met you, Y/N. I'm really glad." He said, placing a kiss on your temple.

"I'm glad I met you too, Bukayo. Really, really glad."