(35) shopping date - tyrone mings

-shopping 🛍💖

It was a simple caption; with cute emojis and accompanied by a picture. Of you and Tyrone. His clothed arm slung lazily around your shoulders, and a hand tangled with yours. Showing off the matching gold dainty bracelets he got the two of you last anniversary. Then, if you'd look closer, you would see a Polaroid of Tyrone.

It was taken last year summer when you planned a week-vacation to the Maldives. Needless to say, you had barely visited the sparkling beach waters.

"We look cute." Tyrone said, peeping over your shoulder. "Very cute."

"We do, don't we?" You agreed. It was a really good picture. "One of our best I'd say."

Tyrone hummed in agreement before leaving your side to explore the trainer section. It took a few seconds for you to mute your notifications, pocket the device and follow in his lead.

It hadn't been long since the two of you had arrived at the shops; the only difference being that, now, the sun was beginning to set. Whereas, when you arrived, it was still shining brightly in the sky. Tyrone mentioned (last-minute, you might add) that his mother invited the two of you over for lunch the next day. It came at bad time because you had recently moved into a new apartment, having not yet transferred your clothes. So, you sat in the new apartment with normal-everyday-wear-at-home clothes. Not meet-the-mother clothes.

Therefore, you had suggested a date that involved shopping. Tyrone moaned (like any man would) but you nipped it in the bud, it was his fault in the first place for not telling you sooner.

"Do you like this shoe?" Tyrone's voice spoke up as you came closer. In his hand was the latest trending trainer in the football world.

"Hm, I don't know. Is it for me or for you?"

"For me." He answered, looking over at you.

Turning the shoe sideways and that — like you knew what you were doing — you hummed, "Depends. What are you gonna wear this with?"

His silence was enough of an answer as he looked over it again, his indecisive nature taking over.

"I'll tell you what, try to make an outfit in your head and imagine it with the shoe." You suggested, patting his buttocks. Actually, all you could feel was his wallet and the car keys and a few pieces of candy.

Tyrone had a sweet tooth. It was something you figured out on one of the first dates he took you on — a small chocolate factory where the guests were involved in the process. Like a real life Charlie and the chocolate factory. He was so excited — like a kid seeing all the gifts Christmas morning. Like a team watching their captain bringing the Champion' League cup closer to celebrate. 

Wandering off, you found yourself in the jewellery section and found a few pieces that you liked. It was a quick transaction — the attendant thanking you as you turned to leave.

"No, thank you. Enjoy the rest of your day." You exclaimed.

Seeing Tyrone waiting for you at the entrance, you bounced up to him. "I just found the cutest pair of earrings."

Tyrone smirked, "Did you now?" He asked and received an enthusiastic nod in response, the brightest smile on your face.

"Don't tell me. Does, at least, one of these pairs have cherry blossoms on them?" Tyrone asked confidently, already knowing what you liked.

"Yes, one of them do have cherry blossoms on them. It's really pretty, though. Like it changes colours in the different lights and at different times of the day."

Tyrone couldn't help the smile that stretched across his face, listening to you excitedly explain your discoveries. He hadn't realised how much and how deeply he loved you until this moment — one that re-affirmed his feelings of wanting to hear you excitedly explain your interests for the rest of his life.

He could wake up to you everyday. He could fall asleep with you every night. He could watch you finish dinner and he could do the dishes, with you watching him this time. Night-routines. Baby-sitting family members. Date nights. Watching him play games at home or in the stands.

He wanted to do it all with you.

"Marry me." He whispered, so softly that he doubted you could hear. It was a breath of air, he would say. Not that you heard him anyway considering that you continued babbling about your favourite earrings.

"Tyrone?" Your voice broke him out of his trance, and he had this strong urge to kiss you. So, guess what he did?

He kissed you.

It came as a surprise to you when you felt Tyrone's lips on yours, not moving but just resting. Staring in his eyes, you realised that he had a goofy smile on his face. The surprise on your face amused him, as he pulled away and drew your bodies closer together.

"Let's have lunch, yeah?"

You nodded happily, "Okay."

*******

Tyrone ordered himself a plain chicken salad with a water on the side while you opted for a messy cheese burger with fries on the side. He looked at you with jealousy as you bit into the burger, sauce lingering in the corners of your mouth.

"Here—" He reached over and wiped the sauce off with a napkin, throwing it into his finished bowl.

"Thank you."

"My pleasure." Tyrone rested his chin on his folded hands, eyes roaming your face. "Did you find what you wanted?"

"I think so..." You said, mentally checking off the items of clothing you purchased. "I just need a shoe but I'm sure I'll find something in my closet."

"I will have to warn you. There's a lot of grass patches around the house and knowing Mom, she'll want to have a lunch outside." He said, gripping the fork with his hand and stabbing in through the leaves. The muscles flexing under his shirt almost making you salivate in public, but no, you had to focus.

"Okay, so no high high heels and no pointy ones either for that matter."

Tyrone nodded in response.

Okay so, now that you've narrowed it down to more or less a couple of shoes, you could get a proper idea of the shoe you wanted to wear. It was a process of elimination — the shoes passing by in your head and you, mentally, sizing it up according to the outfit.

"I think... I think I have an outfit in mind. A very cute one." You said, sipping on his water.

Tyrone looked at you in disbelief, and you smiled back at him as you screwed the top of the cap back on. He dramatically snatched the plastic bottle and set it under his armpit, sticking his tongue out at you.

"Buy your own water."

"You're such a child." You retaliated.

"So what if I am?" He asked, a ghost of a smile gracing his lips as he intertwined his fingers with yours, resting your hands on the table. "You'll still love me."

"Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, I will still love you."

He snorted, "Unfortunately? Guess I'll have to find a new girlfriend to appreciate me more."

"I. Dare. You. Too." Was your response, scrunching your eyebrows and tilting your head. It was a challenge, Tyrone knew this and he also knew that you wouldn't be backing down.

All he could do was sigh as his expression turned back into one of indifference, "I hate you, you know that?"

You laughed. "You are physically incapable of hating me, I know that much."

Tyrone squinted his eyes in defeat and aggressively stabbed his fork into his salad, picking up the lettuce. He wouldn't easily admit this, not in the next 100 years, but he was glad that he will be able to settle down with you.