4

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟔𝐭𝐡,𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟔𝐭𝐡,𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑
𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤

It was around 1:30pm in the afternoon and home goods was extremely crowded. Milayana was standing right in the middle of the bedroom decor section looking around for tiny little figurines that she could eventually place on top of her dresser.

She had a great passion for interior design and frequently contemplated the idea of embarking on a career in that field if her aspirations to become a nurse didn't work out.

As she continued to push the shopping cart further down the aisle. Her eyes caught sight of a gorgeous and stunningly crafted abstract statue in a sleek matte black color located conspicuously on the top shelf. The figure was sitting in a seated posture with its legs crossed as if it were engaged in deep thought.

The aesthetic that she was trying to convey through her decor was one of simplicity and maturity. With a color scheme centered around black and grey.

Upon attempting to grasp the statue she realized that it was positioned too distantly towards the back of the shelf. Even though she stood on the lower shelf which gave her extra height she still found herself unable to reach it.

Groaning to herself she proceeded to hop off the shelf before scanning her surroundings in search of someone who could provide assistance.She directed her gaze toward the end of the aisle her eyes were immediately drawn to a tall figure that was looking at picture frames.

Typically her anxiety levels were high and it was uncommon for her to seek assistance from unfamiliar individuals. However she really wanted this for her room and decided to suck it up.

"Excuse me sir.I'm sorry to bother you but can you help me" She gently tapped his shoulder.

"I just told yall I ain't buying no fucking cookies"He turned around with a mug firmly pressed against his face.

Cookies?

Cookies?

"Damn my fault ma, I thought you was one of them lil bitches that be selling cookies"He let out a chuckle while using his hand to scratch the area around his neck.