meetup & sleepover

Alex , Summer , and Melody come over today . They think I'm depressed but I'm really not and I told them a few times , but they didn't listen . I think they just miss me hanging out with them .

" I'm here for you Kate . I know it may be hard with you're mother gone . I mean you're only a teen " Summer says .

" I'm not depressed . I do miss my mom , but I'm okay . I'm not lying ! " I say back .

" Kate -" Melody says .

" NO ! I'm not sad or depressed , LISTEN TO ME ! I don't fake anything so please stop ! I'm fine . I really am " .

" Okay , okay . " said alex .

" I'm just upset because she's gone . " I say .

" We know you miss her " Melody softly mouths .

" Okay , can you guys sleep over tonight ? I don't want to be alone because Noah is probably gonna sleep over at his friends house tonight . "

" Sure " the three of them say .

They call their moms and let them know that they'll be sleeping over . I tell them I'm gonna go buy snacks and I head out the door . I walk to the metro near my house and pick up popcorn and salt & vinegar chips . I pay the cashier and walk back with it . It's 5 in the afternoon and it's already getting dark .

When I get back , the 3 girls are sitting on the couch with their phones taking snapchats . When I walk in I make a face and they put it on their snap story . We all laugh and turn music on .

Some song by Kellin Quinn is on and we slow dance to it and then Alex jumps on my back and I fall in the mattress laughing .

A couple hours have passed and we decide to watch a movie . It's around 7:30 and it's already pitch black . Melody said to watch Silent Hill : Revelation , so we did .

Halfway through the movie , Alex looks paranoid .

" Guys , i hear something . I think it's looking at us " she says .

A pair of red eyes look at the window . We all scream and I shut the blinds so whatever that thing was can't stare at us .

We finish the movie and look at our phones for a while . My eyes start getting blurry and I told everyone if they wanted to sleep . They said no . I drank a sugary drink to stay up and it worked .

" Hey , do you wanna go out in the pool ? " Summer says .

" Sure " we all say back .

I jump in the pool . We all go at the shallow end and start twerking underwater . I actually almost died of laughter . It was fun .

I got out because I was cold and tired . I went inside and fell asleep , the other girls on the mattress .