Chapter Seven

"A baby" was all I could think to myself. "I'm going to have a baby."

I was overjoyed and terrified all at once. Glancing at the kids-sized watch on my miniature wrist, I realized I had to head home. I had school in the morning. I figured I'd feel a little better and have a clear head after a good night's sleep.

I ran down the road as fast as I could. After a couple of minutes, my house was visible. I went inside and climbed the stairs. I brushed my teeth and changed into my pajamas as I crawled into bed.

"What a boring, normal day it was." I thought to myself. But I felt my depression start to rise again. I had to resist the urge to kill myself, for the baby.

I picked up my cell phone to call Austin, and my strange lover. I dialed Austin's number, and it rang once...twice....then

"Hello?" a hoarse voice answered.

"Austin?" I asked.

"Y/N thank goodness, I need to tell you something. I love you and I don't keep secrets from the people I love. I'm breaking up with Vanessa first thing tomorrow, I promise. And..." he hesitated. "I'm a vampire."

"O-o-o-o-h wow. I love you too cutesy patootsie. I called to let you know that I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I'm p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-pregnant."

"Let's keep it, Y/N! We'll be the best parents! You'll be such a good mother!"

"I want to muffin, but it might be someone else's..." I trailed off.

"Listen to me babygirl, I will raise one hundred of your children with one hundred different lovers, if it means I can be with you."

"Really?" I asked. I was so shocked. I always thought my sharp tongue and sarcasm would keep anyone from loving me. I always presented myself with a cold, hard, exterior, but deep deep down, there was a part of me that was fragile, sensitive, and absolutely adored hearing those words come from his mouth.

"Yes," he replied. "Now get some sleep pumpkin, and I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"O-o-o-o-okay" I stuttered. "Goodnight." I hung up the phone, and fell asleep, dreaming of him.