Chapter Fifteen

The big day was finally here! Today was the day I was marrying the love of my life, Austin Brown, who loved me, despite how short and ugly I was.

I didn't invite any of my awful family. I hated my adoptive parents and my adoptive sisters, they didn't deserve to be invited to such a magical event.

I sat in front of the mirror, tears of happiness falling down my cheeks. My hair had grown back overnight. I was so blessed, I thought to myself, staring at my flushed cheeks.

As I have no idea what makeup even is, I just rinsed my face, before tying my long blonde sleek shiny sleek hair into a messy bun on top of my head, which I would be leaving in for the ceremony. I slipped into my short black wedding dress. It had a high neckline, because I wasn't like other girls, and didn't want to show off my breasts for men's gratification.

Emerging from my dressing room, I ran into Austin's mother, Anastasia.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, girl. What on earth are you wearing? You're getting married, not going to prom." she spat, before walking away.

I ran into my room again, holding back tears. Then I decided I wasn't going to let her get to me. I picked up my guitar and began to sing one of my favorite songs.

You were Romeo, you were throwing' pebbles, And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet", And I was crying' on the staircase, Beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said, Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone, It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"

Tears trickled down my cheeks, and I rubbed them from my orbs. I couldn't let that monster of a mother-in-law ruin my special day. It was MY special day, not hers or anyone else's. It wasn't up to her what I wore, I wore what made me feel like a baddie, and what made me feel like a baddie wasn't up to anyone else to decide.

I slipped on my white air forces. I don't wear high heels because I'm different and not like other girls. High heels are for hookers, and I would never want to show off my body for the enjoyment of men.

I got my flower crown adjusted onto my head and got my bouquet of daisies. Daisies are my favorite flowers. I'm just different and simple like that. I'm not high maintenance or difficult. The fact that I like daisies over tulips, or roses, or any other fancy, girly flower, proves that. I was a simple girl, that's why we only had a 308,120.00$ wedding.

My palms were sweaty, I was shaking with nerves. This was probably the most nervous I'd ever been. Desdamona walked in, throwing flower petals in the aisle. I heard my song begin to play.

It was time.