Chapter Seventeen

The next morning I awoke, next to a sleeping Austin. We finally got to sleep in, as his older sister had taken Desdamona for the night. I nudged Austin awake, causing him to send up a soft smile.

"Good morning squishy" I said with a grin.

"Mornin' kitten" he mumbled back.

I lifted his arm up and snuck underneath, letting it fall back around me. I snuggled up in his warm, musky scent, inhaling deeply.

I felt a strange tingling sensation throughout my entire body.

"Austin...." I said alarmingly. "Somethings wrong. Call an ambulance."

He stumbled out of bed in a rush, throwing on a pair of sweatpants over his muscular legs. I stumbled out as well, throwing on an oversized hoodie and black leggings. I threw my hair into a messy bun and was tying up my white air forces as the paramedics arrived.

After an excruciating five minute ride, we arrived at the hospital.

"D-d-d-d- d-d-d-d-d-doctor, w-w-w-what's wrong with her?" Austin asked shakily.

"I- wow. I've never seen anything like this before. I need to run some more tests." the doctor said.

~2 hours later~

"We have your results, Mrs. Quirkle-Brown. Congratulations, you've overcome the cancer. It seems as though you were too strong and it simply couldn't inhabit your body anymore. You truly are," he paused, "different from everyone else."

Me and Austin both started sobbing in happiness, tears trickling down from our beautiful orbs. We couldn't wait to tell Desdamona. It was such an incredible moment, knowing that little, weird me was able to overcome cancer like the baddie that I was.

We left the hospital to drive home. On the way, I couldn't help but be overtaken by insurmountable sadness. Tears began to slowly drip from my ocean blue orbs.

"What's the matter boo?" Austin asked, concerned.

"W-w-w-w-w-w-we got m-m-m-married because we thought I was going to d-d-d-d-die. D-d-d-d-d-d-does this mean you want a d-d-d-d-d-divorce?" I sniffled, turning my head away.

He grabbed my chin and turned my head up, to look into his muddy brown orbs.

"Listen, I love you, okay? 'Till death do us part' that's what we agreed, alright savory pastry?"

"O-o-o-okay Austin. Thank you for reassuring me" I said with a soft smile.