Chapter Nine

Like a small boat, on the ocean, sending big waves, into motion

I looked around, at people's dropping jaws. They all started in awe, making me sweat.

Like how a single word, can make a heart open. I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion

I saw Mackenzie and Isabelle staring at me, with admiration in their orbs, while I could see Austin talking to Vanessa, who had tears flowing from her green orbs and down her tanned face.

And all those things I didn't say, wrecking balls inside my brain

Even the teachers were tapping along their feet and nodding their heads.

I will scream them loud tonight, can you hear my voice this time?

I screamed the words out, they seemed to roll off my tongue.

This is MY FIGHT SONG! TAKE BACK MY LIFE SONG! PROVE I'M ALRIGHT SOOOOONG!

Tears rolled down my face as I belted the words, one by one. The words I've wanted to shout and express for so long. The words I was no longer afraid to speak.

My powers turned on! Starting right now I'll be strong! I'll play my fight soooong!

I looked at Austin, who was also crying. His brown orbs stared into mine as I hollered out the final bars.

And I don't really care if nobody else BELIEEEEVES! CAUSE I STILL GOT A LOT OF FIGHT LEFT IN ME!!!

The song ended, and I collapsed, gasping for breath through the tears leaking from my baby blue orbs.

Austin came to pick me off the stage. I clung to his shoulders as he carried me away, while I continued to sob.

I felt so empowered.

Then Vanessa approached me, her face stained with clumpy, black tears.