Chapter Fourteen

This must be what dying feels like.

I awoke, paralyzed. I'd known about the cancer for a week now, and it hasn't gotten any easier. I couldn't move an inch. I tried to scream for help but couldn't seem to open my mouth, or even make any sound. My breathing grew quick, and I closed my orbs, and lulled myself back to sleep.

~~~

I awoke again, and stretched my thin, frail arms over my head. I turned to my side, to see Austin staring at me with love in his orbs. Reaching up to brush my voluminous silky blonde hair out of my face, I realized it came with my hand as I pulled away. I sat up, gasping. Shakilly looking behind me, I let out a screaming sob. My long blonde silky voluminous sleek shiny hair was all gone, laying on the pillow.

I sobbed for hours. Austin kept reassuring me that I was still beautiful, but I didn't believe him. I was lucky to have an incredible guy like him, and even luckier that he would love an ugly, quirky girl like me. But I was nothing without my hair. I was already ugly, this only made that worse. I was afraid he would leave me. I shoved him away from me and ran out into the pouring rain, letting my tears flow freely.

Running out behind me, he shouted after me.

"Y/N! PLEASE COME BACK INSIDE!"

"B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT YOU AREN'T GOING TO LOVE ME ANYMORE!!" I sobbed.

"THAT'S NOT TRUE PUMPKIN PANTS! I LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT!" he cried out.

"B-B-B-B-B-BUT I'M UGLY NOW" I cried.

"MY BEAUTIFUL BABY PRINCESS POO, THAT ISN'T TRUE!" he screamed, his voice hoarse.

At that moment, I felt compelled to run to him. I hit him like a brick hitting water, but he was sturdy enough that neither of us fell. He picked me up while I sobbed into his shoulder, whispering "I love you" 's into my ear.

"Hey snookums, let's get married tomorrow. I want to be married before you die."

"Yes, let's do it! I can't spend another day not being married to you, my beautiful baby boy." I brushed a strand of hair from his face as I closed my orbs and drifted off to sleep.