Chapter 1

The past

The Unknown

We've been told that magic isn't real, but on the other side where humans have not been found or seen, there are creatures, rules, and dangerous magic that must be kept from humans. That's why they are the keepers, truth has been told that every century 12 chosen ones are born not on the same day, but two out of the 12 are blessed with remarkable power they are known to be called the Moon keepers.

     "Mother!", Jason called and continue, "I can't find Luna anywhere."

"Perhaps she had crept away somewhere you know how children can be, have you checked on Tyra?", Said Deira.

"No maybe she is in her room," replied Jason.

"Mom, have you seen the weird lady outside she looks like one of the witches from the other side of the river because I have never seen her here before and she looks creepy, by the way, I'm going out with a couple of my friends I'm sure Jason can take care of the children," said Elizabeth who is one year older than Jason had just peeped through the window from Luna's room.

"What witch Jason bring the girls now, Elizabeth you're not leaving the house, how many times have I told you that they're witches around town looking for the chosen children," said mom.

"Mom it's a myth okay, and I have things to do I'm 18 aren't I allowed to have some fun? And besides I'm a secondary magic performer I can take care of myself, I don't need your permission".

As soon as Elizabeth was about to walk through the door Jason came in with Tyra as worried as he can be. "Elizabeth where is Luna you were supposed to watch her remember?".

"What do you mean? I left her in my room, oh shit!" said Elizabeth, worriedly.

What do you mean 'oh shit' Elizabeth", Deira cried, starting to get worried, Elizabeth started rambling "She was sleeping but the witch, she was looking at me as I was about to put Luna on the bed, but if she isn't there, I don't think the witch could've gotten inside right?"

"Oh! no my baby girl, everyone outside, ring the alarm of the counsellors now if she was taken by the witch, it's a test to throw her off the roof to see if she survives, don't ask how she got in, I have let my guard down for six years just trying to keep my five- and six-year-old from magic, now the thing I have feared had gotten one of them," Deira says.

Deira is one of the strongest emperors to live and a descendent of the first moon keeper, and to think that they wanted me to be a part of their shadow ha-ha, but I'll soon have my time.

  "Mom, I found her!", shouted Jason and continue, 'But she's already off the roof, Luna please wake up!".

"Hand her over to us," said the counsellors and continue, "we will perform a spell, I think she is unconscious it's incredible how she hit her head but there is no blood, we will carry her to the counsellor's organization unit, guards open the portal."

One hour Later

"This is truly remarkable she will be taken into the spell room sorry you guys, no one can come as yet", one of the counsellors informed Deira and her family, this must be tragic I can almost feel it ha-ha!

  "It's been an hour, this is all my fault what if she doesn't make it?" Elizabeth said, worried for her sister, but as soon as their mother was about to open her mouth to say something to cheer Elizabeth up, one of the counsellors came out.

"Wow! Remarkable indeed she is showing signs of sleeping which means she has fallen into a coma".

"Really how is that remarkable, if my daughter doesn't wake up, I'm burning the whole building down, so next time you want to talk, take that as remarkable!", Deira shouted.

"Mom!" Elizbeth shouted, I mean I would've shouted too, well I never really been in this type of situation.

Everyone entered the room to see Luna lying helpless on the bed. Tyra started crying, wondering why her five-year-old sister was sleeping rather than playing with her. Everyone was silent for a whole hour then the Queen of the land entered the room with her Two little sons Justin and Austin who are fraternal twins.

"Deira I'm sorry to hear about your girl, but no doubt I will find the witch and since your house is under investigation you and your family are welcome to stay at my castle. It would be the kindest thing I can do for a best friend, also Tyra won't be that lonely without her sister because she would have the boys to play with", Queen Ivy offered, did I mention that I always hated her but for a good caused.

"Thank you, Ivy, I don't know how I can ever repay you; you were always so kind since childhood but the kids will stay with you, I'm counting on you to take care of them for me, I'm sure you're well aware of my condition, I don't have much time left but since this happens, I'm going to take care of that witch myself" Deira, informed challengingly, I let me say I love a good challenge.

she got up slowly and whisper to Queen Ivy, "Keep a close eye on Tyra, she is special she might even be the Star Keeper only u must know and promise me y'all be here when Luna wakes up if she was chosen then you already know what's coming".

After that queen, Ivy ordered the Councilors to transport Luna to the medical hospital right beside the castle and everyone left for the castle.

I'm the one who shall not be named, the one who sees and knows everything and one day everyone shall know my wrath if Luna becomes the moon keeper, then every evil villain will die, and that's when I'll strike and the time of the moon.

The Witch of the Eastside

The Luna girl is special, I could still smell the magic through her veins if she survives, she might be the moon keeper or die as useless as the first one, everyone has a weak spot, and let's see how long this one break, her family might be in pain right now but I don't care, if anything I'm doing those ungrateful counsellors and Moonlight's school a huge favor by finding the moon keeper, that's if she survives.

            Every century a Moon keeper is born to protect the supernatural from going over the boundary in the human world, but for four centuries no Moon keeper was born, even the Great Emperors who are higher than the counsellor, wonder if they were being punished in some cases because now supernatural's have gone wild on the humans killing them mercilessly.

I came up with the perfect idea by spelling kids and throwing them off high buildings, if they can break the sleeping spell or wake up from a hard hit with unspeakable powers while I speak the words of the chosen among them, then they might be the ones, so I can find them and take their power for myself and finally get the payback I was long craving from the emperors.

But until then may you sleep my littlest Luna and let's hope you're the one out of twenty children I've spelt and thrown off a roof or even worse, I can feel the end is near especially when my older sister Amaris is having faith that one day she will fulfil her destiny, and yes, she's the one and only teacher of a moon keeper since we've been alive for five century waiting for a moon keeper to born. if it wasn't for that   I would've killed her a long time ago, but u see teachers of a moon keeper cannot die till their purpose or destiny have been fulfilled so that will have to hold, and like I said if the emperor wanted to stop me from killing they would have by now, which is the only idea I could think of, but then again I just throw one of their daughters off the roof, my bad, long live the moon keeper I guess.