Chapter 19

To Survive

Luna

Minutes Before the plan start in motion

"You look familiar", I say staring at the woman in front of me with green eyes like mine, her hair is jet black and she has the same mark as me.

"I suppose I do Lunaria, my name is Madison, and I'm the one that gives orders in the Moon Keepers world".

"So, you're not evil, like your child Floria".

"Ha! She's not my child, history is twisted like her. A long time ago I used to call my twin sister my baby, we were both Moon Keepers at that time they were Elders people Higher than us, and they claim to say that it was a mistake. However, for some reason, Floria was always weak and sick, so it was up to me to rule along with my keepers and protect Floria. One day the moon came before its time and Floria wanted to show everyone that she can be strong and can rule, the elders try stopping her but her powers were out of control, in the moon book rule number 6 says that if the keeper's power is out of control she must step down.

Floria didn't she became obsessed with ruling and power, I was pregnant at the time with Celani who would soon be Queenie's mother. I tried to convince Floria that I could help her , but she killed everyone in the village even my Moonlin Lucian in his sleep. So if a moon keeper isn't allowed to kill another keeper, I locked her up in a cave that forbids her from using power for centuries, After I give birth I give my child to the moon keeper's teacher to teach Celani about her powers, me and threats.

Many years later I would watch my grandchild Queenie do wonder but the emperors of this time were wicked, they killed her  on the moon keepers night but I'm proud of Queenie for making the mark skip many generation until you. I watch you fall and grow but I also watch how Floria used Evoke to return and possessed other's bodies until they know her name and give her the title, she-the-one-who-shall-not-be-name".

"You lost everything and still you fought", I say with tears in my eyes.

"No, I didn't lose everything, even though I never got the chance to see my child grow or her children, I got to watch you the most even in the Moon Keepers world because you have most of my DNA in you. Lunaria I know what you are  planning and I want you to stay strong and know that once I'm with you no other keepers can stand against you".

I always knew someone was watching me but never imagine it was her, I hugged her so tight to show that I'm grateful for her, and she will always be a part of me, "We have to make sure Austin doesn't interfere", I speak.

"Yes, we must, his love for you is rather strong and he's willing to do anything for you, but I'll keep him occupied be ready Luna that staff is painful I can tell you that much", Madison says before she disappears.

"Let's begin", I speak in all the keeper's ears as I get ready to end Floria by the laws of the books.

Back to the present after the plan started

"Rule number 35 of the moons book", I stare Floria in the eyes as pain runs through my body.

"What have you done? what did you do!", Floria screams and I continue.

"If a moon keeper from another century tries to cleanse the moon with the Moon Keeper of her century, then the older moon keeper would be stripped of her power and turn to dust, her memories would disappear from those of the future and as for the keeper of her centuries the head of the Moon Keepers world will decide her fate".

All familiar rises and shouts, "For those are the rules of the elders written in the book as the 35th rule that the keepers must keep".
The clock alarm as I stare at 12 am, it's now midnight, "Mundare!", I shout and the place becomes bright too bright, all I feels is the burning of my mark.