♮2

Park Jisung was clumsy

Hayun knew this because she was stood in the same queue as him, a few people between them but it was clear everyone was thinking the same.

Her headphones did a good job at keeping noise out but she could still see Jisung chuckling out of embarrassment, gulping when he spilt some of his drink as soon as the barista handed it to him.

Hayun tilted her head a little, eyes staring at the tall awkward boy who was now a little frantically wiping the mess away with some tissues someone behind him had given.

His cheeks were pink, apologising to the person waiting for him to move. His hand still had the cold drink spilt on it but he didn't want to be there any longer, turning around.

Jisung wanted the ground to open up and swallow him, he avoided eye contact with everyone at all costs as he mentally cursed himself for being clumsy.

A short expel of air left Hayun in amusement, lips beginning to pull up as Jisung hurried out of the cafe with his wired headphones hanging from around his arm because they fell out during the whole ordeal.

When it came to her turn to order and receive her drink, she smiled and thanked the barista. With the iced coffee in her hand, she began to walk out while taking a sip of it, eyes scanning the main floor of the company building.

It was more busy at this time, midday. People were rushing around the building, some more carefree than others. Trainees with stressed expressions, managers heading to another meeting, staff members weaving through crowds to get to where they needed to be.

Hayun headed to the second floor, noticing she was quite early for her practice so she walked over to the middle of the hallway, stopping at the railing which overlooked the ground floor.

Now she was staring down at the chaotic place she was just in, resting her arm on the railing as she took sips of her coffee. She liked people watching, not that she would judge people but it was nice just to see what was going on.

She became familiar with faces she noticed frequently, the same people she sees walking the hallways and even though she had never spoken to them, it became a usual thing here to see them.

"That's such a lie!" The quiet and calmness of Hayun's people watching got interrupted by the sound of bickering. It got louder as the people came around the corner, a loud huff from the older one who was stomping his feet to make a point. "Hey! Who do you think cleans the dorm the most?"

Hayun recognised Renjun pretty immediately, although he looked a little heated in defensiveness. Chenle followed, hands in his pocket as Renjun argued.

"I clean my apartment too." Chenle shrugged.
"But you're not living with three other people." Renjun pointed, huffing. "Especially Park Jisung. He's so-"

Hayun glanced over, taking a sip from her coffee just as Renjun made eye contact with her. Once he realised they were in fact not alone in the hallway, his words halted and lips pressed shut.