♮8

One of things Hayun liked about the company building was that there was a few chill out rooms

One of things Hayun liked about the company building was that there was a few chill out rooms. People often just hung out there, it didn't feel so suffocating in there like it did in the practice rooms, just to take a break.

That's where Hayun headed before practice the next day, slightly annoyed because she forgot to charge her phone last night. She had some time to kill before practices began anyway.

Honestly, Hayun felt like she was in a daze ever since she woke up. There was no way to describe the exhaustion she felt on every single level. She didn't have the energy to go and hang out with her members before practice, she knew they were in the practice room because they messaged her about it.

Honestly, Hayun was stuck. She felt stuck in this rut of being frustrated at herself and too tired to do anything about it. It was like the more she tried, the more she failed.

She sighed, sitting on the plush sofa and leaning her arm on the arm rest, head coming to rest in her hand.

Looking down at her lap, her fingers toyed with the loose thread of her sweatpants with a distant mind.

Lately she wondered if this was all wrong, if she was making the wrong decision. Maybe she wasn't actually cut out to be an idol, she was just getting worse.

She didn't think her dancing was that bad to begin with, but now what has happened? It didn't make sense, how could she get worse?

With a heavy heart, Hayun sat there with a frown pulling on her lips. It was still the morning so she didn't expect anyone to come in. The door opened and someone familiar had entered.

"Oh- hi." Renjun greeted once he realised who it was, smiling briefly.
"Hi." She replied, forcing out a smile.

Renjun was heading towards the water dispenser with his bottle in hand, unscrewing the lid as he approached it.

He glanced over at Hayun in the corner of his eye, wondering why the radiant girl had turned so glum.

For a moment he could see himself in her, back in his own trainee days where he would escape and sit alone. Often he'd cry.

Hesitant, Renjun slowly screwed the lid back on and contemplated if he should say anything. They weren't close and Renjun hadn't had any long conversations with her before, just a hello when passing.

As he was walking with the intention to leave, he did stop and turn to face her. She looked up upon realisation he was turned to her.

He noticed how sad her eyes looked even though her expression didn't necessarily show it.

"Want to talk about it?" Is what he said instead of asking if she was okay, he hated when people asked him that.