♮25

Happy Jisung day 😨❤️

The warmth inside the building shielded out the biting cold which carried through the outside wind

Despite the comfortable heat inside, Jisung still had his cup of steaming hot chocolate in his hand, music playing through his headphones as he walked out of the cafe.

The very moment Jisung glanced up, his sight landed on a very familiar looking girl that entered the same space as him.

As Hayun walked past, her usually radiant presence seemed veiled by a subtle melancholy. The golden afternoon sunlight streaming through the skylight caught strands of her chestnut hair, framing her face in a cascade of soft waves that fell slightly disheveled.

Her gaze, usually vibrant and alive with energy, now appeared distant. The subtle downturn of her lips contrasting the usual brightness that characterised her features. Even in the midst of a crowd, Jisung could see she wasn't herself.

A subtle pull, almost instinctual, urged him to close the distance between them. Subconsciously, he started walking toward her, his footsteps echoing the indecision flickering in his mind.

His pace, however, began to slow. Jisung hesitated. The uncertainty of whether to approach her or let her be lingered in the air. Hayun, unaware of his presence, continued on her path, the weight of her thoughts making her unaware of her surroundings.

Jisung stood there, caught between the impulse to reach out and the cautious restraint that held him back.

Ultimately, he pushed away his overpowering hesitance and made the decision to follow her. He weaved apologetically through people, holding his hot chocolate wearily in front of him.

He wrestled with the words, wondering what to say.

Jisung found himself overthinking and fearing saying the wrong thing.

He contemplated offering a simple greeting, a subtle acknowledgment of her presence. Maybe he could express concern in a casual manner, or maybe he should strike up a random conversation.

He noticed that Hayun was getting further away and panic flickered in his eyes. He quickened his pace towards her, breath caught in his throat at the possibility of annoying her or something.

Hayun, absorbed in her thoughts, had vanished around a corner, leaving behind the echo of footsteps that resonated with a sense of missed opportunity.

Jisung stood there, the weight of unspoken words lingering in the now-empty corridor.

"What are you doing?" The voice from next to him making Jisung jump, a little bit of hot chocolate spilling onto his fingers.