♮16

And at every table, I'll save you a seat

That evening after spending all day with the girls in their dorm, Hayun settled into her new room

That evening after spending all day with the girls in their dorm, Hayun settled into her new room. She hadn't unpacked much yet other than her skincare and pyjamas she was currently wearing.

As Hayun settled into her new bed, the unfamiliar surroundings of her new apartment brought a mix of emotions. The silence enveloped her, punctuated only by the distant hum of the city outside.

She laid there, staring at the ceiling, feeling the weight of the transition settling in. The soft glow of streetlights seeped through the gap in the curtains, casting a gentle ambiance in the room.

The bed, though comfortable, felt strangely foreign beneath her. It was a far from the familiarity of her childhood home.

Closing her eyes, Hayun let out a deep breath, trying to shake off the sense of displacement. Despite the excitement of a new chapter, a pang of homesickness tugged at her.

The distance from her family, the comfort of her childhood home, made her new surroundings seem emptier than they should be.

Rolling over, she reached out for her phone and squinted at the light, turning the brightness down as she began typing out a text.

Renjun

Heyy are u up
00:12

Hey Hayun
I am, is everything okay

Yeahh I just can't sleep 😭 was wondering what ur up to

I'm just painting

You paint? That is so fun omg
What are you painting

It's just a pretty view
A picture Jaemin took
It's a little hard to text and paint haha
If you are still bored we can call instead if that's better

Yess for sure
I'll call u now

As the call connected, Renjun's voice filled Hayun's room, breaking the quiet solitude. She smiled, grateful for the familiar company.

"Hey, Hayun. What's keeping you up?" Renjun's voice sounded warm and comforting through the phone.

Hayun propped herself up on the bed, hugging a pillow. "I guess it's just the whole new place thing. It feels strange, you know?"

Renjun chuckled softly. "I get it. Moving can be a bit overwhelming. But hey, It'll start feeling like home soon."

Hayun appreciated his reassurance. "Thanks, Renjun. How are things going for you, I heard you had a cover coming out?"
"Oh yeah! It's all done, just have to wait for it to be released...do you wanna hear it?"
"Um, duh. Of course I do." She replied, excited.