3- The Village

The next day, Sumi, Naho and Kiyo all make their way to Tanjiro's room to take him his breakfast. They knock on the door and walk in, only to see Tanjiro running around the room.

"Tanjiro-san, are you feeling better?" Sumi asks as she looks at Tanjiro.

"Yeah, Sumi-chan. I feel so much better!" Tanjiro says as he grabs Sumi, lifting her into the air above his head.

"Whoa! It's like I'm the wind!" Sumi says as she spreads her arms out wide.

"I want to go next!" Kiyo says as she puts Tanjiro's plate down.

"Me too! Me too!" Naho says as she balls her fists.

The two girls have a turn and then they leave Tanjiro in peace so he can eat his breakfast. After his breakfast, he washes up and goes for a run around the grounds. He makes it into one of the training rooms as the three butterfly girls help his stretch.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!" Tanjiro says as he leans forwards, "so frustrating! I just want to get out there and go out on missions but Sakura-san says I'm not healthy enough!" he says as Naho grabs his hands, pulling him up from the ground, "hey, wait! Did a new sword come for me while I was asleep? You know, to replace the one I chipped?".

"Oh!" the three girls say, shocked.

"A sword, you say?" Naho says as she looks at Tanjiro, "a sword...".

"You did get some letters from Mr Haganezuka..." Sumi says as she looks at Tanjiro, "would you like to see them?".

Kiyo brings over some letters as she passes them to Tanjiro. Tanjiro smiles as he opens them, only for his smile to fade as he reads Haganezuka's harsh words, such as 'fuck you!', 'I hate you', 'I'll curse you', 'go to hell'.

"This is... really bad" Tanjiro says, scared by what might happen to him if he faces Haganezuka.

"It is, isn't it?" Kiyo says as she looks down.

"Two months went by, but no swords ever arrived" Naho says as she brings over some rice crackers for them all to enjoy.

"And it was only chipped this time" Tanjiro says as he crumples the letters, "I snapped it in two last time!".

"Swords are always getting damaged, but Haganezuka-san just seems to be a little bit difficult, doesn't he?" Sumi says as she looks at Tanjiro.

"Why don't you go visit the village? I remember Sakura-san telling me that you had free access to the village once you woke up. I can have Aoi-san send a crow to the village to get someone to come take you there" Kiyo says with a smile.

"Did she really?" Tanjiro asks as his eyes light up, "and would you really? That would be amazing, Kiyo-chan!".

"I'll go to Aoi-chan right now!" Kiyo says as she runs out of the room.

About two hours later, Tanjiro is ready to depart for the village. He says goodbye to Aoi, the girls and Shinobu as he walks out the entrance of the mansion.

"Nice to meet you" a female Kakushi says as she bows to Tanjiro, "as Sakura-sama has granted approval, I shall be guiding you to that place".

"Nice to meet you!" Tanjiro says as he bows to the woman, "I'm Tanjiro Kamado! Thank you for taking me!".

"As your guide, I cannot tell you my name, but I look forward to serving you. Now, put these on, please" the woman says as she passes Tanjiro a blindfold and some earplugs.

"What are they?" Tanjiro asks as he takes them.

"A blindfold and earplugs" the woman says as she helps Tanjiro tie the blindfold at the back of his head, "the village is hidden. Also... I will be carrying you on my back. Moreover, as you are known to have an acute sense of smell... take these nose plugs" she says as she plugs up Tanjiro's nose.