21- Fight Back

--- in Mitsuri's past ---

"Splendid" Kagaya says as Mitsuri kneels in front of him, "you're someone the God's have a special love for, Mitsuri. Like Sakura said, you should take pride in the strength you've been gifted. All those who speak ill of you fear your talent and wish they could be you, that's all".

"Thank you very much" Mitsuri says as she starts to cry.

Kagaya finishes the meeting and Mitsuri leaves.

"So you decided to take my advice" Sakura says as she stands at the corner Mitsuri walks around.

"Sakura-san, your words were right" Mitsuri says with a smile, "I shouldn't have to make myself out to be something I'm not in order to make myself seem better. I should accept who I am and own it".

"I'm glad you decided to join us" Sakura says as she puts her arm around Mitsuri, "I'm planning to pair you with another demon slayer called Kyojuro Rengoku. He practices Flame Breathing. For now, I'll have you learn that breathing style. But I'm planning on making one for you".

"Thank you, Sakura-san" Mitsuri says happily.

Father, Mother, thank you for making me strong from birth! Everyone in the demon slayer corps has accepted me! The people I protected from demons thanked me with tears streaming down their faces.

"Only a Hashira, just one strike" the other demon slayers say in awe as they watch Mitsuri take down the demon they were struggling to defeat.

"I've gotten rid of the evil demon, so you're okay now" Mitsuri says as she wipes the tears of the Mother and Son they just saved, "don't worry!".

"Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!" the woman says as she continues to cry.

"Thank you!" the boy says happily.

Even Iguro-san who seemed to be super prickly gifted me some long green socks!

"Here" Obanai says as he holds out the socks to Mitsuri.

"What? What? What is this?" Mitsuri asks as she covers her mouth, "what's this? Iguro-san, what's this?".

"Take them" Obanai says as he looks away from Mitsuri.

"Huh? For me?" Mitsuri asks excitedly as Obanai nods, "what? I'm so happy! I promise you, I'll treasure them!".

"No need to treasure them" Obanai says as he rests his head on his hand.

"No way" Mitsuri says as she looks at the socks, "that would be such a waste".

"It's fine" Obanai says as he looks at Mitsuri, "if they get ripped, I'll buy you them again".

"Okay!" Mitsuri says with a smile.

--- present day ---

I've wondered to myself 'should a girl be this strong?'. Would people say yet again that I couldn't be human? I was afraid so I've been holding back my power. But not anymore!

Mitsuri says as she stands up.

She's our ray of hope!

Mitsuri remembers Tanjiro's kind words.

"Just leave it to me!" Mitsuri says as the demon sends three dragons towards the four of them, "I'm going to protect you all, okay?".

Mitsuri runs at the three dragons as she takes them all down without issue.

"I'll take care of this one" Mitsuri says as she grabs one of the dragons, stopping it, "so you guys go on ahead and defeat the main body!".

"Nezuko, Genya!" Tanjiro says as he stands up.