24- Happening

"Are you guys all okay now?" Sakura asks as she walks into the recovery room where Tanjiro, Mitsuri, Muichiro, Kotetsu, Haganezuka and Kanamori all are as Nezuko sits in the corner happily.

"Yes. Thank you, Sakura-san" Tanjiro says happily, "that blue spider lily really works a treat, doesn't it?".

"It's almost like magic" Mitsuri says happily.

"Right, I'll let you all get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow" Sakura says as she closes the door.

Sakura makes it to her room as she lies down on the bedding, looking up at the ceiling.

"I miss you even more today, my love" Sakura says as she twiddles with the ring on her finger.

--- in Sakura's past ---

I was born in a small village in the mountains, hidden away from most things. Our village had everything it needed to survive on its own, and we were all happy there. I was born to the chief of the village, and my Mother was the Doctor. Before I was born, my Mother fell ill whilst pregnant with me and my twin brother. In order to save one of us, my Mother drank soup made from the blue spider lily that grew on the edges of our town. I was saved but my brother passed away before he was born. When I was born, the village celebrated, like a miracle was born. And as I grew older, I was seen as the chosen one, even when my Father and Mother had more children. I was the next chief of our village and my Father would teach me all the things I needed to know about being a leader. Another family resided in the village, the Ubuyashiki family. My best friend, Asahi, was their eldest son, and we grew up together like siblings. But soon after my 12th birthday, their family moved out of the village in order to grow their family, a tradition passed down through the generations of their family. And on my 16th birthday, he came to the village.

Sakura is walking on her own, smiling, seeing all of the young children play amongst themselves when she sees a boy around the same age as her looking extremely lost.

"Excuse me? Is anything the matter?" Sakura asks as she approaches the boy.

"Oh, I am sorry to intrude. My name is Muzan Kibutsuji and I stumbled across this village. You see, there was a fire at my home and my family perished. I was out when it happened. I have no where to stay" Muzan says as he introduces himself to Sakura.

"Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Your name was Kibutsuji, did you say? What an interesting name! Wait here. I'll go get the chief of the village. You might be able to stay with us" Sakura says as she gestures to somewhere where Muzan could sit.

"Thank you" Muzan says as he sits off.

Sakura walks off as she makes it to her home.

"Father. Father, are you here?" Sakura asks as she walks to the study.

"What is the matter, my beautiful daughter?" her Father asks as he looks up from the book he's reading.

"There's a boy around the same age as me who has just told me he is currently homeless. I was wondering if he could stay with us for a while" Sakura says as she looks at her Father.

"Take me to this boy" her Father says as he stands up.

He walks out of the room, following Sakura as they make it outside.

"This is the boy, Father" Sakura says as she gestures to Muzan.

"Can you work, boy?" her Father asks as he stands in front of Muzan.

"I can, Sir" Muzan says as he stands up, "I am very good at growing crops and cooking as well. You can put me to use here".

"Sakura, show this boy to his new accommodation. Make him acquainted to the village" her Father says as he looks at Sakura.