8- Thank You, Muichiro

"Why did you lie to me, huh?" Muzan asks as he throws Sakura against a tree.

"You think I was gonna tell you the family I was protecting used sun breathing?" Sakura asks with a slight chuckle, "you were hunting down sun breathing users! You were gonna kill them. I protected what was dear to me".

"You were supposed to protect me!" Muzan says as he grabs her and holds her by her shoulders, "you and I were in love and I know you felt that in this heart here" he says as he punches through her chest and holds her heart in his hand, "give me that love back, please? If you do, I'll leave everything alone. Just me and you for eternity".

"You want me to throw away everything?!" Sakura asks as she looks at him, blood pouring from her mouth, "I've worked years to get away from you. I'm not crawling back. Not now, not ever!".

"Then the die I die will be your death day, too!" Muzan says as he holds her face, "if I'm going down, you're coming down with me".

He grabs her and bites down on her shoulder as she screams in pain. Sakura manages to push Muzan away from her as she gasps.

"Did you just link us?" Sakura asks as she holds her shoulder.

"Smart. You're so smart and I love that oh so much about you" Muzan says as he looks at the bite mark on his shoulder, "do you not remember how you linked us 200 years ago? This has sealed it! You and I are linked for eternity. You are mine for the keeping!".

"Like hell I am" Sakura says as she wipes the blood from her mouth, "my husband is and always will be Yoriichi Tsugikuni, and my name will always be Sakura Tsugikuni!".

Nearby, Muichiro manages to get up from the ground as he brushes his outfit down.

There's a strong demonic presence in the direction of where Sakura was. I need to get there as soon as I can. I got blasted quite far away. I've got to get back as soon as I can.

Muichiro says as he sets off running. He continues on when he hears screaming from his right hand side. He looks over and sees Kotetsu being attacked by a fish like demon with a vase on its back.

A demon and a child. As a swordsmith, the child is still unseasoned. Saving him is a low priority. Judging by its presence, that's not the main body, but something generated by a spell. There's no reason to stop now. If the entire village is under attack, the village chief comes first, then those with greater skills and talents are my top priority to protect.

He says as he watches the demon grab the boy and squeeze him.

Whatever you do for others, come around to help you, as well, in the end.

Tanjiro's words play in Muichiro's head as he stops for a moment. Kotetsu starts to go limp when the demon's hand is cut off and Kotetsu drops to the ground. He looks up as he sees Muichiro standing in front of him.

"Run" Muichiro says calmly.

"You..." Kotetsu says in shock.

"You're getting in the way, so just run" Muichiro says as he prepares his stance.

The demon approaches the two of them as Kotetsu runs off. Muichiro manages to jump in and easily slice off the demon's head as it falls to the ground. The demon stumbles around a bit before it grows its head back again.

I sliced off what I thought was its head, but rather than disintegrate, its body is regenerating. So, that vase must be it.

Muichiro says as he jumps up and cut the vase from the demon, the demon disintegrating.

It's getting power from that vase. So, it's definitely a production of blood demon art.

Muichiro says as he watches the demon disintegrate.

"Thank you!" Kotetsu says as he runs over to Muichiro is tears, hugging him tightly, "I thought I was a goner! I thought I was dead! I was so scared! I shouldn't have called you 'seaweed head!'. I'm so sorry!".

"You called me 'seaweed head?'" Muichiro asks as he looks at Kotetsu.

"Sorry! I didn't like you!" Kotetsu says as he gets down from Muichiro, kneeling on the ground.

"I don't have time for this" Muichiro says as he rolls his eyes, "I'm leaving now, so do whatever you want".

"Wait!" Kotetsu says as he stops Muichiro by grabbing part of his uniform, "they attacked Kanamori-san, too! When I went to go help him out, that monster assaulted me! Haganezuka-san's been working nonstop without sleep to restore a sword... so if he stops even for a second, that will be the end of it! Please save him! Please!".

"No..." Muichiro says as he looks down at Kotetsu, "I...".

You'll be able to find yourself again for sure... Muichiro. I know you must be confused, but for now, just focus on living, nothing more. As long as you're alive, things will work out. You'll regain your lost memories without fail. There's nothing to worry about. Just don't let your chance slip away. It will start out with something insignificant... and then it will clear away... the mist in your head.

Muichiro remembers Master Ubuyashiki's words in his head. Suddenly, Muichiro grabs Kotetsu and flings him over his shoulder as he starts to run off with Kotetsu, who never stops screaming.

"Whoa! Hold up!" Kotetsu screams as he grips onto Muichiro's uniform, "just a tiny bit slower! Got a little slower, will you?".

"Don't talk, or you'll bite your tongue" Muichiro says calmly.

Is this the right thing to do? Isn't this going to keep me from protecting the entire village? No, I can do it. Because I'm a demon slayer who was chosen by Sakura-san and recognised by Master Ubuyashiki. The mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito.

Muichiro says as he looks ahead. Nearby, Tanjiro starts to pick himself up from the ground as he looks around. He tries to crawl away, only for something to latch onto his leg. He looks back and sees the demon who carried him off. The demon cranks up another scream as Tanjiro grabs his sword, slicing his head in half through its tongue. He watches as the two parts of the demon crank up for another scream. Tanjiro is knocked back as he lies there for a moment.

I get it! That's how it works! Their attack power's weaker! It probably can't split off into stronger demons indefinitely. Those characters inside of their mouths that I got a glimpse of. Emotions... those four are the most powerful versions, right? If they divide any further, they get weaker!

Tanjiro says as he leans forwards with a menacing smirk on his face. One of the parts of the demon starts to crank up another scream as Tanjiro grabs his sword and stabs it. He then stabs the other piece with the first piece still on his sword. Suddenly, the demon flies in as it cranks up for another scream. Tanjiro notices just in time as he moves out of the way of the attack. He lands on his hands and knees as the demon flies in and slices his shoulder with its talons.

"How do you like my talons?" the demon asks as he looks at Tanjiro, "how swift, how sharp they are? They're strong enough to even slash diamonds!".

Tanjiro goes to slices the demon but it flies in and kicks him into a tree.

"Go on, tremble!" the demon says as Tanjiro gets up, realising the amount of cuts the demon has actually give him, "make that joyful blood spray gush out even more!".

Tanjiro does his best each time to cut the demon but it continues to play with him, cutting him and kicking him where he can. Tanjiro lands on the ground as the demon moves away from him.

"You, too!" Tanjiro says with a smirk as he looks at the demon.

The demon looks at Tanjiro confused for a moment before his face is cut into two. The demon puts his hand up to his face and heals the injury as Tanjiro runs towards him. The demon cranks up yet another scream as Tanjiro jumps at him, cutting along his mouth, stopping his attack. The demon falls to the ground and covers himself with his wings as Tanjiro runs towards him. The demon heals his face just in time and looks at Tanjiro. Tanjiro swings for him as he jumps back into the air.

"Now you've gone and done it!" the demon says angrily.

The demon flies over to Tanjiro and kicks him back as Tanjiro puts his blade up to protect himself as he is only pushed back a small amount. The demon flies around in the sky as Tanjiro looks up and watches him, not letting his eyes off of him.