4- Yoriichi Type Zero

Tanjiro wakes up the next morning as he goes for his everyday run. He makes it to a cliff nearby as he sits down and practices his breathing. He makes his way back down the mountain as he goes for breakfast.

"Wow! You're starting me off with a feast this morning!" Tanjiro says as he walks into the room to see a table full of food, just for him.

"These wild vegetables were all hand picked on the mountainside here" the waiter explains as he gestures to Tanjiro's meal, "and this fish was caught fresh from the river this morning".

"Really?" Tanjiro asks as he sits down at the table.

"The chief has sent word that he'll be contacting you as soon as they've found Haganezuka-san" the man says as he looks at Tanjiro, "until then, please build back your stamina and get some rest".

"Right! Thank you so much!" Tanjiro says as he bows to the man, "thank you for this meal!".

"Hey, listen, Nezuko..." Tanjiro says as Nezuko comes out of her box and sits down next to him, "I know I have to rest up, but whilst I'm waiting for Haganezuka-san, I wanna look for the secret weapon that'll make you stronger, you know, the one that Kanroji-san was talking about. Wanna come with me?".

Nezuko nods as Tanjiro smiles. He finishes up his food and stacks the dishes as Nezuko gets back in her box. Tanjiro locks her box as he puts it on his back, walking out the room.

"I wonder what kind of weapon it is" Tanjiro says as he starts to walk through the countless amounts of trees surrounding the village, "it has to be a sword, right? Do you think it's buried in the ground, maybe? Isn't this exciting? It's like the treasure hunts Sakura-san used to do for us when we were younger. Ugh, I really like it here, but the smell of that hot spring is super overpowering. I guess not being at full strength is affecting my sense of smell".

"Quit pestering me. Give it a rest!" a young boy's voice says in the distance.

"I've had enough of you holding out on me" a calmer, more mature voice says as Tanjiro look over in the direction of the voices, only to notice Muichiro, the mist Hashira, and a boy standing with each other, "you're wasting my time, arguing with me".

"A kid? And the other one is..." Tanjiro says as he takes a step closer, "that's a Hashira! What did Shinobu-san say his name was? Oh, right! The mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito. So, there's another Hashira here at the village".

"Which part of no don't you get? Get lost!" the young boy says angrily, "why should I hand it over to you? I don't care if you're a Hashira or whatever! You're too full of yourself! Just get out of my sight!".

"Give me the key" Muichiro says as he holds out his hand.

"I'm not handing it over!" the boy says as he spreads his arms out wide, "my ancestor made this and it's precious to me!".

"Wait, is there someone else behind them?" Tanjiro asks as he spots a third figure, "hey... is that...?" he asks as he notices something familiar about the figure, "a person? Who could it be? I know him! I've... seen that man before!".

"Didn't you hear me? I'm not giving it to you" the boy says persistently, "just get lost! I've not giving you that key, no matter what! And don't think I'm ever going to show you how to use it!".

"What's going on?" Tanjiro asks confused, "are those two fighting, maybe? What should I do? It's bad manners to eavesdrop. But if they're fighting, I should try to mediate".

Muichiro slaps the boy as the boy falls to the ground. He grabs the boy by his collar and brings him up in front of him.

"Cut it out!" Tanjiro yells as he comes out from behind the tree, "what do you think you're doing? Take your hands off of him!".