9- The Boy Who Won't Give In

Back at the accommodation, Sekido watches on as Karaku and Nezuko battle for strength, both holding onto each other as they try to see who's stronger, the other demon's spear still through Genya's chest as he kneels on the ground, coughing up blood.

"Keep trying, little girl!" Karaku says as he chuckles, "you're almost there! Come on, what's the matter?".

"Would you hurry up and dismember her?" Sekido asks as he looks at Karaku, "I'm getting more and more annoyed!".

"Keep your hands to yourself!" Karaku says as he doesn't take his eyes off of Nezuko, "this girl is mine! You and Aizetsu can get lost!".

"Karaku... I will finish off that girl" Aizetsu says as he tries to take his spear out of Genya, only for it to not budge an inch.

My spear is stuck?

Aizetsu asks confused.

"I'm the one you're gonna fight!" Genya says as he looks at Aizetsu, shooting at his neck as Aizetsu's neck flops backwards.

"Why are you getting blasted like that, Aizetsu?" Sekido asks as he looks at Aizetsu, "so infuriating! You're a fool!".

Damn it! It's coming out!

Genya says as he tries to stop Aizetsu from pulling the spear from his torso.

"How said it is to not be able to die instantly" Aizetsu says as he flips his head back onto his neck, pulling the spear out of Genya's chest as blood pours from his body, I went for his vital spot so he could die right away, but I guess he couldn't die with my spear still lodged in his torso. But now, at last, he can die".

"Shaekoku Gijugikkodokuon..." Genya mutters as his head hangs low, "Yodaibikushu...".

"What? The Amida Sutra?" Aizetsu asks as he tilts his head, "well, isn't he a devout one?".

"Can't you see he's still alive?" Sekido asks angrily, "split his head in two, Aizetsu!".

"I was just about to do that, so stop yelling at me" Aizetsu says as he raises his spear, "you're making me sad".

He throws his spear down at Genya as it hits the ground, the puddle of blood splashing all over.

"I'll slice your head off as many times as it takes until you're dead, you scumbag!" Genya yells as he jumps in from behind Aizetsu.

Aizetsu looks at Genya as Sekido slams his staff onto the mats, electrocuting Genya.

Crap! I can't dodge this lightning! Damn that bastard with the staff!

Genya says as he manages to pull the trigger on the gun, shooting Sekido's arm as the electricity stops.

What's going on? Why won't he die? After Aizetsu dealt him a fatal blow?

Sekido says as he looks at Genya. Aizetsu slams his staff into Genya's side, breaking some of his ribs as he falls through the wall into the other room.

"Hey, what's this?" Karaku asks as he looks over to Aizetsu and Genya, "that guy looks like more fun!" he says as he looks at Nezuko, "I'm done with you, little girl!" he says as he kicks Nezuko through her chest, "Sekido!" he says as he looks at Sekido, "once I've ripped this girl's limbs off, you impale her with your staff" he says as he breaks Nezuko's arm, pulling on it.

Nezuko glares at Karaku as she kicks the lower half of his face off. She rips her arm off and splashes her blood on his face as she sets fire to him, not letting go. Nezuko kicks from the ground, flipping backwards as she rips the hand with his fan from his body.

"What are you doing, you idiot?" Sekido asks as he looks at Karaku.

Nezuko uses Karaku's fan against him as he's knocked into the forest behind the accommodation, just like he did Muichiro. Nezuko turns to Sekido and tries to use the fan but Sekido hits her arm with his staff, knocking her back slightly. She goes to hit him again but he stabs his staff into her neck as he electrocutes her, holding her there as he puts a foot on her thigh.

Nearby, Muzan and Sakura continue to lash out at each other, throwing attacks, not letting up. Sakura continues with both her blood demon art and her breathing techniques as Muzan doesn't let up trying to restrain her and absorb her. Tanjiro watches through the trees, also trying to keep focused on the demon trying to look for him as he hides.

What do I do? Sakura-san told me that if I go anywhere near Muzan, he'd kill me. And if I were to die, Sakura-san would be sad, Nezuko would have no one, Zenitsu and Inosuke would lose a friend. I can't leave them. I have too many people who want me to live. I have to keep fighting this clone, even if I see Sakura-san fall.

Tanjiro says as he runs back out into the clearing, sword held out in front of him, scanning the skies for the clone. The demon flies in quickly as he scratches Tanjiro's face. The demon looks at Tanjiro, only to see him running towards him. He tries to fly off but Tanjiro jumps and stabs his through the mouth, hanging onto the demon as the demon flies away with the both of them. Tanjiro makes it so the demon flies them into the accommodation. They slam into the wall and break through which stuns Sekido.

"Nezuko! Genya!" Tanjiro says as he slices off the demon's foot.

"First Karaku, now even Urogi..." Sekido says as he looks at Urogi who lays on the ground, "what the hell are you doing?".

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yells as he spots Nezuko behind Sekido, "stop that!".

He runs towards Sekido as Sekido gets another staff from his hand.

"Infuriating! Infuriating!" Sekido says as he goes to stab Tanjiro.

Tanjiro dodges as he holds Urogi's foot up, the staff stabbing his foot instead, the lightning not working. Tanjiro cuts Sekido's mouth as he runs to Nezuko. He uses the foot to remove the staff as he throws it to the ground. Sekido turns to Tanjiro and goes to stab him when Nezuko grabs the staff, stopping Sekido from hitting the back of Tanjiro's neck. She scrapes her hands and throws the blood on Sekido as he bursts into flames.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yells as Karaku comes towards the accommodation, through the air.

"You look like you're having fun!" Karaku says as he looks down at them all, "let me join you guys!".

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro says as he grabs Nezuko's hand, trying to run away, only for the two of them to be forced into the ground by Karaku's attack.

The two fall through the floor as Urogi, Karaku and Sekido all look down at the two of them.

"And now... for the final blow!" Karaku says as he raises his fan.