22- In A Flash

Nezuko kicks down as she misses the demon by an inch. She flips over, scratching the demon as it manages to dodge yet again, running off.

"He runs so fast!" Genya says as he and Nezuko continue to chase after the demon, "what's his deal? Damn it! We'll never catch up! Did he really have that much strength left in reserve?".

We'll be reaching our limit soon! If this goes on, he'll manage to get away! It's almost daybreak! Kanroji-san's been reeling off one powerful attack after another! It won't be long before she loses stamina! And when day breaks, the demon will escape! Muzan will as well! Sakura-san, I hope you're holding out well! We've got to hurry! Myself, Genya, Nezuko and Kanroji-san need to hurry up and kill this demon so we can go to Sakura-san. I wonder how Tokito-kun's holding out, as well. Still, it's so fast! Damn it! He's planning to keep running forever! Before day breaks! Until Kanroji-san breaks down! We're not gonna let you do that! We're not gonna let you win!

Tanjiro says as he feels a sharp pain in his ankle, causing him to trip slightly as he does his best to continue running.

It's no use! I can't plant my feet! If only I hadn't injured my left ankle! No good! I can't let this happen! I have to figure this out!

Tanjiro says as he shakes his head.

Tanjiro? Thunder Breathing's all about focusing on your legs the most! See, when it comes to the size of your own body or the shape of each of your muscles, it's actually hard to get a good grasp of all that. "It's not true Total Concentration until you're aware of them all". That's what, Gramps, my trainer, always told me.

Tanjiro remembers Zenitsu's words in his head.

Each and every fibre of my muscles, every single vein in my body, circulate the air through them. Collect all your strength into your legs only! Collect it! Let it explode with a single breath! Slash through the air. Like thunder!

Tanjiro says as he kicks off from the ground, building incredible speed as he rushes by Genya and Nezuko, shocking them both as he catches up with the demon.

"I see you! I won't let you escape!" Tanjiro says from behind the demon.

"Don't you-" the demon says as Tanjiro swings for him, "don't you-" he says as he turns his head around, "don't you feel the least bit sorry for me?" the demon asks as it grows larger than any other demon Tanjiro has faced before, towering over him.

Tanjiro freezes for a moment as the demon grabs him by his face as he starts to squeeze. Genya runs over as he grabs the demon's hands in his best attempt to make the demon let go of Tanjiro.

"Your so called reasons are all total crap!" Genya says angrily, "you stupid bastard!".

The demon cranks up one of Urogi's attacks as it screams at both Genya and Tanjiro, neither of them that phased. Nezuko runs through the trees as she cuts her hands, throwing blood on the demon, igniting it as the demon explodes into flames. Nezuko lands as she looks at Genya who manages to rip the demon's arms off, freeing Tanjiro.

"Oh crap!" Genya says as he stumbles backwards, "I'm getting burnt by these flames, too!".

Tanjiro, whose blade is right up against the demon's neck, runs forward as he runs the demon off the edge of the cliff. Nezuko screams as she puts out the flames, running after Tanjiro as she jumps off the edge of the cliff.

"Tanjiro! Nezuko!" Genya yells as he runs to the edge of the cliff.

Nezuko lies unconscious next to the demon on the ground as the demon manages to get up, Tanjiro nowhere to be seen.

"Damn" the demon says as Tanjiro's sword is lodged in its neck, "my regeneration is slowing down. Zohakuten is using too much of my power! I need to replenish myself with human flesh and blood!".

"I won't let you escape" Tanjiro says from the tree where he landed as he glares at the demon, "come back here. I'm not gonna let you escape! I'll chase you down, even if you flee to the depths of hell! And I'm gonna cut off your head!".

"He dares to threaten me?" the demon asks as he continues to run, "where are those humans? If I can consume them, I can send that little brat to his demise. Huh? There they are. I've found some food! Of those three brats, one is a demon and a handful! Thwarting me at every turn! As it turns out, that brat's sword can only lodge itself into my neck, not slash it. First, let me devour these humans and when I've replenished myself".

"Oh crap, that way!" a man says as he and two more swordsmiths run away from the demon.

"Come back here!" the demon yells angrily, "you're not getting away!".

"Nezuko" Tanjiro says as he makes it to Nezuko, "I need to get going! I've got to hurry! One more time! One more time, use Total Concentration and kick off of the ground!".

"Tanjiro!" Tanjiro hears a voice shout in the distance, "Tanjiro!" he says as he looks to his left, "Tanjiro!" the person says as there is a flash before a sword lands in front of Tanjiro.

He looks up at the cliff and sees Muichiro kneeling down.

"Use it!" Muichiro says desperately, "Tanjiro, use that sword!".

"Give that back!" Haganezuka says as he grabs Muichiro by his neck, "you've got to be kidding me! I'll kill you! Don't use it! I've only honed it up to the first stage! Give it back!".

"Tanjiro! It's almost daybreak!" Muichiro says as he holds Haganezuka's wrists, "he's going to get away! You need to kill that demon so we can go help Sakura-san!" he says as Tanjiro grabs the sword.

"You stupid brat!" Haganezuka says as he hits Muichiro on the head.

"Ouch!" Muichiro complains.

"Tokito-kun, thank you" Tanjiro says as he grabs the sword, running after the demon.

"I'm counting on you, Tanjiro" Muichiro says as he passes out.

"Tokito-san?" Kotetsu says worriedly.

"Tokito-domo" Kanamori says as he looks over at Muichiro.

"Wah, Haganezuka-san killed Tokito-san!" Kotetsu says as he points at Haganezuka.

"What the hell? I didn't do anything" Haganezuka says as he looks at Kotetsu.

"You inhuman monster!" Kotetsu says as he shakes his head.

"It's the poison and the fever!" Haganezuka says as he points at Muichiro.

"Calm down both of you" Kanamori says worriedly.

"Take it, Tanjiro" Muichiro manages to get out, "everyone's hopes are in that sword".

Tanjiro uses the thunder breathing technique again as he kicks off of the ground. The demon feels heat from behind him as he turns and sees Tanjiro coming at him. Tanjiro yells as he swings his sword at the demon's neck. Tanjiro yells even harder as his blade cuts through the demon's neck.