7- Disturbed Peace

Genya leaves the accommodation as he makes to his swordsmith's hut.

"Old man? You done?" Genya asks as he walks into the hut, only to realise it's completely empty.

He looks around for the man and realises he must have gone for a late night walk. He spots his new sword on the side as he walks over to it.

"Big brother, I need to do this" Genya says as he grabs the sword.

Sakura senses someone in the accommodation as she starts to stir. She sits up and realises Muichiro is there, but he's pinching Tanjiro's nose. Tanjiro gasps as he sits up.

"Have you seen the swordsmith named Kanamori-san?" Muichiro asks as he lets go of Tanjiro's nose.

"Whoa! Tokito-kun! What's wrong? What is it?" Tanjiro asks as he holds onto his nose.

"Yeah, Muichiro, why are you look for Kanamori?" Sakura asks as she makes sure Nezuko is still sleeping since she needs the rest.

"Wait, first of all, did you just pinch my nose?" Tanjiro asks as he looks at Muichiro.

"I did pinch it" Muichiro says as he looks at Tanjiro.

"Why did you pinch it?" Sakura asks confused.

"He took too long to react" Muichiro says as he looks at Sakura.

"No, no. I would have sensed it if there were any animosity" Tanjiro says as he waves his hand in front of Tanjiro's face.

"Well, not that I'd pinch someone's nose with animosity" Muichiro says as he moves Tanjiro's hand out from in front of his face, "

"I do know Kanamori-san" Tanjiro says as he leans forward, "what's going on? My guess is that he's gone off with Haganezuka-san".

"Kanamori-san's my new swordsmith" Muichiro says as he looks at Tanjiro, "where's Haganezuka-san?".

"Why don't we look for them together?" Tanjiro asks with a smile.

"Why do you care so much about other people?" Muichiro asks as he tilts his head, "isn't there something that you need to do for yourself?".

"I could ask the same about why you care so much about Master Ubuyashiki and Sakura-san. At the Hashira meeting, you were protective of Sakura-san and respectful to the Master" Tanjiro says as he recalls the events so many months ago which seems like years ago, "whatever you do for others come around to help you, as well, in the end. I was planning on going anyways so the time is great!".

"Huh?" Muichiro says as his eyes light up, "what? What did you just say? Right now. Right now".

"Huh? I said the timing's--" Tanjiro goes to say, only to be hit in the chin by Nezuko's head as she wakes up suddenly, "ouch!".

"You're awake, Nezuko, huh?" Sakura says as she looks at Nezuko who walks back and forth punching the air.

"Ow" Tanjiro says as he rubs his chin.

"Let's go see Haganezuka-san together!" Tanjiro says as Muichiro looks up at the ceiling.

"This girl is one really odd creature" Muichiro says as he looks at Nezuko.

"What? She's odd?" Tanjiro asks shocked.

"Yes. She's super odd" Muichiro says as he folds his arms, "let's see. I can't describe it. Have I met this girl before? Was she like that before, too?" he asks as Nezuko copies him as they both fold their arms and tilt their heads, "how should I put it?".

Tanjiro laughs awkwardly as he folds his arm and tilts his head, the three of them changing the direction of their head tilt as Sakura starts to sense a demonic presence, keeping her sword close.