CHAPTER - 1

Viswathal,the world where both Jyotiragas,the lightholders and Kashavargas,the dark worshippers reside had been divided many years ago by the river the Nirjala. The river completely dried up once every year and thus bring the numerous wars among the two races residing on each side of the river. Both the races were prohibited to cross the river after a pact that was signed by their Kings. Everyone agreed and the cries of the wars were silenced for many years. Although some didn't like the idea of the peace and still created chaos to feed their greed and ego but the great war had been subdued and avoided for many years.

The eastern side of the river Nirjala was resided by the Jyotiragas,the light holders. They are the races with immense power guided by the devine Mother. They were the worshippers of Positivity, Beauty and Virtue. The land of Jyotiragas, was divided into many small lands with their own kings. The capital city was called Antespura, had the most powerful Jyotiragas. The land of Antespura was ruled by the king of kings, the great Vibhuvashan with his council consisting of many small kings and advisors.

In the great hall of Antespura,a meeting was being held by the king where his advisors are discussing many aspects.

Amidst the discussion the Rajpurohit spoke up,

" I have found something ominous Maharaj (king). Its not a good sign. The stars are showing me the advent of a great peril. We must be cautious" the Rajpurohit ( the royal priest) said.

" I think the Rajpurohit is correct, Maharaj. I have been getting some vague information about those Kashavargas from my reliable sources. They are planning something big this time. They are planning on sabotaging the pact." The King's chief advisor Guru Srihasti said.

"What about their King Jambhak? Our ancestors had made the pact in the hope that,we won't be seeing merciless war for a long time. So,that our next generations can grow in peace. Does he has any involvement with the conspiracy that might be brewing?" Asked Vibhuvashan.

"No Maharaj, i don't think so that he is aware about the secret traitors of the pact."

"What do you think we should do now? With the coming nuptial ceremony of my son,i couldn't effort any mishaps." said the king with a calm voice although the fear of unknown linger in his heart.

"We should held the ceremony as soon as possible before anything happens. We can keep our guards up. And i will ensure to strengthen our security system." Guru Srihasti said.

" If that's what Gurudev said,then that's what shall be done. I will inform my friend ( Bibhuti) about my decision". King Vibhuvashan called the messenger.

"Sandesvahak( messenger) send my message to my best friend king Bibhuti of Satlavi to be prepared for the marriage ceremony of my son Prince Abhiranjan and his daughter Princess Devkirti. Tell him to come to Antespura as soon as possible. We can't delay the marriage anymore. The ceremony will be held in 15 days from now." King Vibhuvashan ordered the messenger. The messenger bowed and left.

King Vibhuvashan himself was aware that something was not right and its better to be done with what's need to be done as fast as possible. Before something happens that could change everything for worse.

*********************

The land of Satlavi was in itself a land of beauty and nature. King Bibhuti was a great worshipper of Mother Earth. The city was flourishing with the gifts and blessings of mother nature. The land of Satlavi was enriched with fruits,flowers,birds and every beautiful things that nature had to offer.

In the royal palace, Queen Sulekha has been searching for her daughter Princess Devkirti, who had been missing since morning. She was having a panick attack. Sometimes she thinks that she shouldn't have given her daughter so much independence that now her daughter had been acting like a rebel. But she also believed that independence of thoughts make a person strong and reliable and knowledgeable. Her daughter although a stubborn one but was a strong girl with high morals and she couldn't be more proud because of it. She search some more and arrived at the boundary that divide the forest with the royal garden when she caught the glimpse of pink saree in the midst of bushes nearby. When she approached closer,the sight made her cupped her mouth with a gasp. There is her daughter Princess Devkirti of Satlavi with disheveled hair, muddy clothes with no Angabastra ( cloth that cover the upper part of the body over the blouse) on her, blood slipping from her arms because of the small scratches here and there and she is petting a baby deer. The fawn seemed to be wounded and her daughter had been tending the little thing.