CHAPTER - 9

Abhiranjan was confused not because of his decision but because of what his parents said. What fatal problem were they talking about,he wondered. He took the Akhanda Vachan to save his parent's reputation,king Padmasan's reputation and for Sanghamitra's sake. How can it be a problem.

"Do you know what an Akhanda Vachan is son?" Gurudev Srihasti asked. He was silent all this time and was observing the situation.

"Yes, i know Gurudev. Its a promise, an oath that cannot be broken" Ranj replied. Its obvious. Everyone knew about it.

"Then do you know that, this promise can be broken but at the cost of the life of the people who made the promise" Guru Srihasti asked.

Abhiranjan nodded his head. He knew it and that's why he made the promise to show his sincerity about his decision to marry Sanghamitra. Why are they asking him these basic questions. Did he missed something?

"Gurudev, why are you asking me these questions?" Ranj asked.

"I will tell you why" queen Jayanti said. She looked at her son and said," Son, you don't know the grave mistake you have just done. If you don't marry Princess Devkirti, both your father and King Bibhuti would die. They are binded by an Akhanda Vachan. They had promised each other that their children would get married when they grow up. "

Abhiranjan was dumbfounded at the revealation. He only knew that he was betrothed to princess Devkirti but he didn't know the their fathers had given each other an Akhanda Vachan.Never in his life he thought he would be on the verge of becoming the very reason for his father's demise. Sanghamitra was shocked as well and she immediately looked at Devkirti to see if she was ok.

Devkirti on the other hand couldn't believe that something like that was happening in her life. She was happy not too long ago. She was going to get married soon but now everything was shattered. And to top it all, there was a life threatening danger looming on her father. She looked at the crestfallen faces of her father and mother and that shattered her more.

Ranj didn't want to believe it until his mother said again," Yes, Son. Before you and princess Devkirti were born, your father and King Bibhuti had made that promise. If the promise is not fulfilled then your father and King Bibhuti won't survive as well. That is why I was so angry because of this incident because i am somehow thankful to princess Sanghamitra for saving my child but at the same time angry and sad for putting my husband's life in danger."

Abhiranjan didn't know what to do. He didn't even think that something like that would happen. He looked at Guru Srihasti as if to ask for a solution.
Guru Srihasti knew the situation very well. He assessed the possibilities and then said,"Prince Abhiranjan, your father and King Bibhuti had given each other the Akhanda Vachan that their children would get married. You took the same oath and gave Vachan to marry Princess Sanghamitra. Moreover,your soul is merged with her. You can't marry Princess Devkirti after your soul is merged with someone else. Its impossible for you to stay with another person after Atmakarana. Also,it is a sin. Hence, in this case your father will have to die."

"No, Gurudev. Please don't say like that,there must be an another way" Ranj still didn't want to believe it.

"There is no other way son" King Vibhuvashan said." A Vachan can be broken but it will take the life of those who give that Vachan."

Everyone was silent there. No one knew what to do next. There was no other way.
It was like a dead end. Silent sobbing can be heard. Queen Jayanti and Queen Sulekha were crying. Kirti was too stunned to even react. In a matter of few hours she had lost everything and on the verge of losing more. Sanghamitra didn't know how to react. Her one action could create such a situation. She was having a hard time believing everything. She couldn't even console Kirti and others after what she had done.

In the midst of all this, Guru Srihasti was observing everyone. He knew that it was a perilous situation. Not good for the royal families as well as for the people. Moreover, King Bibhuti had no male heir to ascend the throne. This will create uproar and unrest in their land. The death of two kings will surely create hazards in their land. He tried to think of a solution, any solution to solve this utmost atrocious situation. When something came to his mind. He had to make sure if that was going to work or not.

He got up from his seat and proceed towards the middle of the Hall. Everyone was looking at him. He cleared his throat a bit and said," Maharaj donot fret. If there is a problem,there will be a solution to it as well. And you already have the solution. You just didn't see it yet."

"What are you saying Gurudev? What solution are you talking of?" The king was confused. Everyone was confused at that point. But they trust that if Guru Srihasti said that there was a solution then there might be one.

Guru Srihasti continued," A solution that you had created a long time ago. But before that i want to know your exact words that you used while give the Akhanda Vachan"

King Vibhuvashan thought for a moment and then replied," I had given the Akhanda Vachan by saying that in the name of Mother Goddess, my child will marry king Bibhuti's child when they grow up."

Gurudev Srihasti smiled a little. He knew there was a hope. He looked at King Bibhuti to confirm the words. King Bibhuti nodded and said," Those were the exact words we had given each other in the name of Mother Goddess, Gurudev."

Guru Srihasti was happy. Because now his solution will resolve everything.

"Gurudev please remove our distress, and kindly tell us what solution you are talking about?" Queen Jayanti asked.

Guru Srihasti looked at King Vibhuvashan and said" Maharaj, as I said you have the solution but haven't seen it yet." King Vibhuvashan was perplexed after hear it.

However Guru Srihasti continued,"How could you forget that prince Abhiranjan is not your only child Maharaj. You have another son. Have you forgotten?"

Queen Jayanti gasped in shock and looked at her husband. Infact everyone there was astonished upon hearing Guru Srihasti.

King Vibhuvashan himself was astound after listening to his Gurudev. He knew what and of whom, Guru Srihasti was talking about. He looked at Maharani Jayanti and nodded which confirmed that the Queen was aware of it.

Abhiranjan couldn't believe that he had a brother. His father had another son apart from him.Did his mother know about it. He looked at his mother's face and saw that queen Jayanti's face had serenity in it. That only meant that his mother knew about it. Yet nobody said anything to him.

He stepped forward and asked," What is Gurudev Srihasti saying Pitashree? Do i have a brother? If yes, who is he? where is he?" There were lot of questions that was bothering him. And he wanted all the answers.

King Vibhuvashan sighed and broke his silence, " Yes, son. You have a brother. A half brother. My first born child. A result of a mistake that i had done a long time ago. But i don't know where is he now" the king said in a low voice.

"Who is he Pitashree?" Ranj asked.

King Vibhuvashan took a deep breath and said," My son Rudransh"

***************************

HEY, GUYS. AH...A LOTS OF REVEALATION IN JUST ONE CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE SURPRISE. OUR ANOTHER PROTAGONIST WILL SOON APPEAR. TILL THEN STAY TUNED

ALSO, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO LIKE, COMMENT AND SHARE. IF YOU LIKE THE STORY TILL NOW.

THANKS AND ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️