CHAPTER -19

Sanghamitra was so engrossed in reading the book that she lost the track of time. The evening sun was emanating the red hue of light across the sky. Flocks of birds were returning home to their nests. Light breeze was blowing rustling the leaves of the tress. Mitra was sitting beside her window reading her book. Two days had passed after that incident in the royal library. She hadn't see her husband after that. Although she felt a little relieved but somehow she felt some kind of disappointment as well. It was confusing her mind. Within these couple of days she learnt many things about the palace and Antespura. Her lessons with Guruma Madhavi had been postponed because she had to attend some Puja. But Mitra tried to learn in her own ways.

The book she was reading provided her with a lot of unknown anecdotes about the history of Viswathal. Some directly stating facts while others portraying metaphorically. She was amazed when she heard that before there were other races apart from Jyotiragas and Kashavargas in their land. However, with innumerable wars those races were exterminated with time. Only the Jyotiragas and Kashavargas survived. Hence,to avoid further defunct of the remaining races,the treaty was signed. Although the book didn't give a clear depiction of those other races but it gave the idea that once their land was rich with various cultures and variety in the way of living. However,the book was majorly interpolated. It didn't seemed like the original and authentic one. Many chapters included only tell the stories of Jyotiragas and Kashavargas especially describing the stories after the great war. It left out a major part of history and it intrigued Mitra to a great extent.

She was absorbed in reading the book when there was a knock in her door. She told the person to come in.

"Pranam Rajkumari Sanghamitra" a girl greeted her. She was beautiful with oval face and dark hair. Her doe like eyes shining, reflecting the evening sun. She was wearing a light saffron colour dress that matches her slightly tanned skin tone. Her feature was not that sharp but rather she was more on the pretty and soft side.

"Pranam" Mitra greeted back with a smile. " May I know who are you? I didn't see you here earlier"

The girl smiled and said,"I am Arundhati. Daughter of Guru Dhiraj. He is prince Abhiranjan's teacher".

Mitra smiled and said " Oh, i didn't heard about you earlier. But I am glad to meet you. And thank you for coming here to meet me. It is really lonely here. I have no one to talk to."

"I know the palace, even with a lot of people still feel lonely sometimes especially when you have no one to talk to. Anyways, I am here to see the new princess of Antespura. I heard what happened when I returned from my uncle's house. I admire you for your courage and I appreciate and thank you for saving my childhood friend" Arundhati said gratefully.

Childhood friend? Mitra thought, an almost untraceable frown formed on her forehead. She didn't know that prince Ranj had a childhood friend. He didn't say anything about her. But it was also the reality that they didn't know much about each other.

"It was the decision I had to take at that moment for greater good. No need to thank me for that. But if you don't mind I am curious to know about your friendship with Prince Abhiranjan. But please have a seat first" Mitra gestured Arundhati to take the sit.

When they both sat in their seats comfortably, Arundhati replied," Whatever the reason is but it takes courage to think like that in the time of crisis and act on it with strength. I couldn't believe when I heard that you had completed the Atmakarana. It was almost a lost process since no one could successfully do it. It must have been fate and blessings of Mother Goddess. Anyways, about my friendship with Ranj", Arundhati paused and chuckled," It just happened. My father is his Guru. So, I became close to him and our friendship grew with time. I will tell you honestly that even at some point, I started to have feelings for him"