CHAPTER -8

Prince Abhiranjan couldn't utter a single word after what he had heard. He couldn't comprehend the meaning of all that she said at first. He was blanked. But slowly and steadily the truth settled in. He was beyond shocked. He knew what Atmakarana was and how it impact ones life. He looked at Sanghamitra directly in her eyes to see if there was any hint of lie but he could only see the blatant truth in them.

He didn't know how to react. He knew that she had done that to save his life for which he should thank her but he also knew that nothing will be same from now on. There will be lots of disappointments and heart breaks. He suddenly thought about his father, his mother and his would be wife Princess Devkirti. Although he couldn't say that he had fallen in love with her but he surely had feelings for her. He had planned his entire life with her after he got to know her personally. He was happy to have her. But everything had turned upside down in just one night. And he didn't know who to blame for it.

He looked at Sanghamitra and he saw the woman who saved his life by sacrificing everything she hold dear to her heart. Just like him,she had so much to loose.But she didn't care about anything but his life. His respect for her grew so much.

Ranj decided to be brave and face everything that has to come. Its no use crying over spilt milk. He had to think of a solution.

Mitra couldn't decipher the expressions on Ranj's face. She tried to look for a reaction,any reaction after she had disclosed the truth but got none. In fact his face was unnaturally calm.

"What are we going to do now?" She asked in a timid voice.

Ranj looked at her and replied," There is nothing much we could do about it. We have to face it. We have to tell the truth. I know how hard its going to be. Even i can't believe it completely till now but we can't hide it. But i have to thank you for saving my life. I couldn't thank enough because i know what you had to go through while saving it. I hope I can repay you in some way but your sacrifice is not something that can be measured in  term of value." He smiled a little although it didn't reached his eyes.

Her heart felt little light upon hearing him. As if some burden had been removed from her shoulders. At least he wouldn't blame her. He understood the situation. She appreciated his kind gesture. And agreed that they had to reveal everything to their family.

Ranj opened the window and looked outside to see if there was something that they should be careful of. When he concluded that there was no danger. He looked at Mitra and asked her to follow him.

Mitra heaved a long sigh. And followed him with the fear of unknown in her heart.

On the way,they met the men King Vibhuvashan had send in search of Mitra. Prince Ranj told them that he would personally take princess Mitra to the palace. He asked them to leave.

Once they get into the palace, Mitra was engulfed in a hug by her sister. She was shedding the tears of relief.

"Didi! I am ok. Don't cry please" Mitra console her sister.

"How can we not take stress when you were missing for a whole night" Kirti retorted but hugged her best friend and sighed in her arms.

She looked into Mitra's eyes and asked, "Are you truly ok?"

Mitra just nodded. She couldn't look into her best friend's eyes, her Kirti's eyes.

Kirti sensed that something is amiss but didn't asked more since she knew Mitra would tell her anyway. She thought she might have been tired.

After that everybody hugged Mitra and asked her if she was well especially, Queen Sulekha, her father King Padmasan and Aryajit.

Kirti went to Ranj to thanked him for saving her best friend. Her admiration for him grew so much.