CHAPTER -17

Devkirti was awestruck by the forest they were travelling through. See had seen the small groves of Sal trees near their palace but this was a very deep forest with many big and old trees. Even the sun rays was barely reaching the ground. The whole forest was scary with different sound echoing there. However, the chirping of various birds were blissful to listen to. Kirti was a little fearful but she was more thrill to explore it. She always had a fascination for nature and now it felt like she could enjoy it freely.

But then her eyes fall on her stone of a husband and all the thrill vanished in a second. 'How could I be free when I have to live with him. Although I am free from the responsibilities of a wife but will I ever be able to get freedom from the fear I have inside myself' she wondered.

However what intrigued her was the impassive stance of her husband. The man didn't know how to move his face so that one could gauge any kind of reaction or at least see a little bit of expression on his face. But he was as impenetrable as the iron wall. He was an enigma that she wanted to fathom and wanted to let it remain unfathomable at the same time.

During the whole journey he had not spoken a single word. He was as silent as death. She felt like she was traveling alone. She wanted to know where his abode was. She was also curious to know the place they were going to. She wanted to discover more about the forest and what's there in the nearby places. She wanted to know everything but there she was stuck with that ambiguous and stoic person with whom it felt like you have to pay coins to hear him utter a single word out of his mouth.

The rest of the journey was same as it was in the beginning. No words only the sound of birds, small animals and the sound of hooves.

After some time Kirti saw that they had arrived at the bank of River Nirjala. She had heard about it. The river that had witnessed their civilisation formed and also destroyed by great wars. When she looked around she saw that in the far away land there are some sign of human settlements. Maybe those were the small villages, she thought. She was busy looking at everything that she didn't realise that Rudra got down from his horse and made his way to her. He had stopped the horse when she noticed him.

She tried to get down from the horse but was failing because of her heavy dress and the attire she was in. She was struggling. She could've ask for help but she didn't want to. When she tilted her head to look at him,he was already looking at her and it made her felt like something had crawled in her body. She didn't have the time to react when he put both of his hands on the sides of her hips and helped her coming down in one go.

She couldn't looked at him when she felt that he had not let go of her till now and was staring at her. Her heart was beating at an abnormal speed. She felt her body shiver from his touch. His touch felt so familiar just like her dream that she had earlier.

Rudra was trying to decipher the woman he had married. What was there in her that his Gurudev wanted him to marry her. Of course, he couldn't deny that she was extremely beautiful. He pulled her a little closer to look at her carefully. His action made her gasp in shock. She felt heat rise to her cheek. She tried to get away from him but his hold was strong. She looked up and glanced at him. Rudra was able to see her eyes now. Her eyes looked beautiful like the lotus petals, having innocence, curiousity and intelligence but also fear in them. Her bow shaped lips that she was biting out of nervousness looked so alluring. Her tinted cheeks were pleasing to look at. And her aura was so soothing, soft and feminine yet so wild, uncontrollable and strong. She was like a light in the middle of the dark forest. So luminous and pure. There was something so earthy about her like mother nature had put all the beauty in her. What made him more intrigued about her was her inner strength. The strength to sacrifice for others,the strength to be selfless. But the question still remained that how was she related to his Gurudev's order and the purpose of this marriage. He knew that he was still holding her close and it was awkward for her. He could feel her rapid heart beats and her shaking body but he was determined to know the reason by observing her and her feeling her energy that he found very unique and strong.