CHAPTER-16

Sanghamitra was taken to her new room after her Griha pravesh (ritual of welcoming the new bride). She was sitting there observing the place where she had to live for her entire life. It was the room for the future queen of Antespura. The fact was scary. The room was larger than her old room. It was more spacious with golden furniture, various decorative artifacts, paintings and flower vases. There were yellow curtains and a balcony. From the balcony she could see the garden, the small pond and the beautiful flowering trees.There was provision for enough light and air in the room.

She decided to look for a good place to  keep her books when she heard the door to the room opened. She saw Abhiranjan entered the room. Suddenly she realised that it was her wedding night. Her husband was supposed to be with her and they would have to spend the night together. But their relationship was nothing like that. She was confused what to say and what to do. She was feeling uncomfortable. Earlier it was easy to talk to him but now they are connected by the bond of marriage. It was difficult for her to be easy with the fact.

Abhiranjan glanced at Mitra. He really looked at her attentively for the first time. She was beautiful. Like there was a something so graceful about her. Her eyes had the calmness that comes from knowledge. Her stance had the patience that comes from experience. Physically she was very beautiful with radiant look but her aura was so calming and more beautiful. Ranj felt the instant comfort in his heart just by looking at her. He then notice that he was blatantly staring at her and she was fidgeting because of the awkwardness.

He cleared his throat and smiled,

"I hope you are comfortable" He started the conversation.

"Yes I do" she replied slowly. Her eyes didn't meet his.

He observed that she was feeling uncomfortable. He stepped closer to her. Mitra's heart skipped a bit. Why was he coming closer? What if he asked for something she can't give. Many questions arise in her mind in just one minute.

Ranj observed her closely. She looked even more beautiful at this proximity. Her nervous eyes was drooped down. She was interwovening her fingers in her anxiousness. Her lips were unable to utter any words. His heart was craving for something, something he couldn't understand. But he was standing there looking at her again. He can feel her fast paced heartbeat. He can also feel her nervousness. Is it because of their soul bond? He wondered.

"Don't feel nervous. There is nothing to feel anxious about. You trust me right?"

For the first time Sanghamitra looked at his eyes. Ranj felt something struck his heart as her eyes meet his. They are absolutely gorgeous, radiant like the sun, warm like summer. He felt something utterly unrecognisable. He was sure that it was their bond that was evoking such feelings inside him.

"I trust you but its really uncomfortable now that the reality set in. I don't know honestly how to settle in with this fact that now we are married. I have never thought something like this would happen so, the unfamiliar and unexpected situation we are in is making me feel uneasy." Mitra honestly put forwarded her concern.

"I know how the situation is but you don't have to worry about it. I promise you that I will respect your every decision and choice regarding our relationship. We barely know each other. I don't expect you to open up to me and accept this relationship. Our relationship is not like others. And i accept that.Take as much as time you need to feel comfortable. Till then I will be there to support you and right now I don't expect anything from this relationship except for friendship and partnership." Ranj smiled.

Mitra felt reassured and smiled while looking at him.

"I am happy that you understand my feelings. I will be very happy to be your friend"

Ranj was happy to see her feeling comfortable enough with him. The awkwardness between them lessened down a lot.

"But I can't leave this room right now. We are supposed to be spending the night together as it was our wedding night. Our elders will not like that if I leave" Ranj said.

Mitra nodded her head, " I understand that. You can stay here. We can share the bed. I mean as friends. Moreover I trust you" She said.

Ranj thought that if they had to feel comfortable with each other avoiding each other won't work. He had to make the effort for their relationship to work. He had to try to ease everything up.

"Then let's take some rest, we really had a long and tiring day"  Mitra nodded.

They both moved towards the bed. They looked at each other. No matter how much they tried to ease everything but still its obvious to feel uneasy.

To lighten up the situation Ranj said," I am going to take the left side. And i am not going to compromise on that even if you are my new friend." He smiled. Humour shining in his eyes.

"Really?" She raised her brows. " Well I am always comfortable sleeping anywhere. So, no problem. I will sleep on the right side. Umm..did you locked the door?"

"I think I have but let me just check"

Mitra smiled inwardly and as soon as he left she took his place and covered herself with the blankets. It seemed so silly to do so. She knew she was behaving like a child. But she also knew that this little meaningless things will make them feel comfortable with each other.

When he returned he saw that his place was taken. He smiled because his idea had  worked. She was loosening up a little.

"Is it me or Princess Sanghamitra just cheated?" He said humorously

"You said we are friends, so I thought you won't have any problem giving me the left side of the bed" She countered.

"Hmm..so I am paying for the result of my friendship." He approached towards her. Mitra glanced at him,

"Now that we are friends,learn to compromise as well prince. I have taken your place to show you that I have every right to share everything with you. You have to learn about sharing now." She said while smiling.

"Is that so? You have every rights?" He asked. He was looking at her. There was mirth in his eyes.

Mitra nodded her head," Of course, I am your new friend and your wife as well. We just got married remember." She looked at Ranj when she saw him looking at her. His eyes gleaming  with amusement.

Mitra realised that she had just claimed her rights in front of him. She shifted her gaze from him and slowly took the right side of her bed.

Abhiranjan moved toward the bed and took his place. There was the awkward silence again.

"Umm..i think we should sleep now. We have to get up early for Pooja( prayers) in the morning." Mitra said.

Ranj sighed, " Yes we should. Good night. Friend and wife" he teased a little.

Sanghamitra felt heat creeping on her cheeks and was about to defend her statement but decided against it because it will prolong the embarrassment.

"Good night prince Abhiranjan of Antespura"

Ranj just smiled at her reply.

         ***************************

HEY, BEAUTIFUL READERS. HERE IS THE CHAPTER SPECIALLY FOR ABHIRANJAN AND SANGHAMITRA. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. THE ONE NEXT ONE WILL BE ABOUT RUDRANSH AND DEVKIRTI.

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHICH COUPLE DO YOU GUYS SHIP MORE. TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS.

THANKS AND ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️