CHAPTER-5

They say when destiny calls nothing else can stop it. Sanghamitra was enjoying her time with her fiance unknown to the inevitable future. She was surprised to see that the markets here are still open at night.The place itself was shining like its daytime. Various colourful lights make the place looks more beautiful than the daytime. She was very happy. Aryajit was showing her some finely crafted pieces of woodwork when a man came and bowed down in front of them. He informed Aryajit that he had been summoned by his parents for some urgent matters. Aryajit nodded and looked at her.

"Let's take you to the palace, love".

Mitra sighed and nodded. Then she suddenly remember that she had bought some beautiful paints for Kirti but had forgot to collect them.

"Aryajit, i have forgotten something in a store. Let me collect it. You can continue or else you will be late." She asked Aryajit to proceed.

"But its late. Let me tell the messenger to collect it for you" he said

"No, its ok. I was the one who bought them. The vendor would not be able to recognise your messenger. You can go now, i will reach the palace safely, i assure you"

Aryajit hesitated a bit but agreed anyway. As he left, Mitra immediately walked to the vendor from whom she had bought the paints.

         ****************************

In the palace, king Vibhuvashan was fuming in anger and distress when he heard that some people were injured in his town by some weapon that contains very dangerous poison that can bereft a person of his powers and kill him in few minutes. The conspirator of this attack had surely thought out the best way to challenge the king. They had targeted the market areas where a large number of people were available. He was about to call for Guru Srihasti when prince Abhiranjan barged in.

"Pitashree, i heard about the attacks. Its getting out of hand. Let me go and control it. I have come here to take your permission " Prince Ranj said.

The king was in dilemma, whether it will be a good decision to send his son or not. But he knew that its his responsibility as a prince. So,he agreed.

"Dhanyavaad Pitashree ( thank you father). I won't disappoint you. Give me your blessings " Ranj touched his father's feet and left

The King immediately called for his trusted advisors to look into the matter at hand. He was concern about the people, the unrest situation that was prevailing at the moment and how to compensate family who had lost their loved ones. He trusted that his son would solve the problem with the attack though.

        ****************************

Sanghamitra was returning to the palace when she heard a commotion nearby. Her curiosity compelled her to go there and to see what was happening. As she got closer, she was astonished and dreaded to see man lying there screaming in pain. His whole body is of the colour blue. A woman was crying while sitting beside him clutching onto his tattered shirt. The scene in front of her filled her heart with both pity and fear. As if it wasn't enough. She suddenly saw a many people who were wearing cloak attacking the other people with some kind of a spade,the spade instead of piercing the skin went inside the bodies and instantly the people were turning to blue colour, screaming in pain and losing any strength to fight. There was no blood or any injuries to be seen. She was utterly scared.Dread settled on her heart that was beating loudly like it would come out of her body. She was panicking. People were running here and there and she decided to run too. With fast pace she ran towards the palace when she saw the same people with cloak approaching her from the other side. She saw small crate and decided to hid inside it. With a fast thumping heart, mind filled with various negative possibilities and fears, body tired from running, she was not in a good condition. She was heaving rapidly. Her eyes were filled with tears . She thought she should have left with Aryajit.