CHAPTER -18

Devkirti was gaping at the pool in front of her. Taash was showing her the entire palace except for the north side of the palace since it was a forbidden territory for her. The whole palace was a pieces of artwork. Sculptures of different kinds were engraved on the walls and the ceilings. There were numerous stone statuettes enhancing the beauty of the palace. The stones had slight tinge of blue colour in them. It was mesmerizing. Taash took her to her room. Her room was at the end of the corridor. It was a beautiful room. Large and comfortable. Furnitures were laid in a proper way. It had  the same sculptures like the entire palace. The ceiling was carved with intricate details portraying various pictures of animals and birds. The window gave a good view of the greenery outside. It had an adjacent door that lead to a small courtyard and there was a garden that was inside the palace itself. She was shell shocked to see such a beautiful place. It was magical. It was enchanting. Many flowering trees covered the garden. Smell of berries tickled her nostrils. It was a delicious scent. It had many flowers that she couldn't even name. Rippling sound of water from the fountain, Chirping of  Birds and whirligigs of butterflies made the place even more magnetic. The fresh breeze made her feel more alive. The pool had clear water. She could almost see the little pebbles underneath it. It was the most bewitching place she had ever beheld in her life. It was peaceful, soothing and heavenly.

She couldn't hold herself and asked," Taash, am I allowed stroll in this garden?" She couldn't believe that such an enchanting place was belonged to her.

"Of course my lady. Master don't come here often. Like he said everything here belongs to you my lady." Taash replied.

Kirti became exhilarated after listening to Taash. She had always envisioned a place surrounded by nature and that she could stay there for hours and hours free from every stress and limitations of the world. She was having a hard time believing that her dream had almost came to reality excluding her impassive, absurd and sinister husband.

After sometime Taash showed her the kitchen and other places like the sanctum where a beautiful effigy of Mother Goddess was placed where she bowed and joined her hand to take her blessings,then she went to the hall in the middle of the palace, she also saw another garden outside the palace. Everything was so new and spellbinding for her.

She had intaken every view that she could through her eyes but something still felt missing. Her curious mind could not seemed to shake off the urge to explore the north side of the palace but she knew that she didn't have the courage to face her treacherous husband. His warnings still rang in her ears eliciting a jolt of fear in her. She opted to douse her curiosity after thinking about the possible consequences. 

When she was done with her exploration. Taash left. She went to her room and gave it an once over. That was her sanctuary for her whole life. The place where she had to spend her lifetime. It was petrifying and nerve wrecking. But its the truth that she couldn't defy. All she could do was to give time and get adjusted to her new life.

    *******************************

Guru Srihasti was looking through an ancient book to resolve a question that had been piquing his mind after the Atmakarana of prince Abhiranjan and princess Sanghamitra. It was a rare happening that had not occurred in centuries. There must be a serious reason behind it. Moreover,the frequent attacks were indicating the advent of a big and disastrous problem. He had a presentiment that everything was interconnected. He had to demystify everything before the danger appeared announced.

After a moment a man came and bowed in front of him.

"Gurudev, I have found something very important. It is concerning."

Guru Srihasti gesture him to continue. The man nodded.

"Gurudev, my sources had informed that the attack in the market that day was not orchestrated by the Kashavargas. I have been told that around that time no one from their land had crossed the river. There are many soldiers who had attacked the civilians that night. So,it was little strange. How is it possible that no one saw them coming"