CHAPTER -6

By the time they reached the cottage, Ranj was breathing hard. His whole body  was turning blue because of the poison. His body was becoming cold with every passing moment. He had a little sense but he was almost feeling numb. Sanghamitra was heaving rapidly due to the weight of his body on her and she had to almost drag him there. She placed him in a corner and sat beside him. When she checked him, she gasped.His condition was getting worse. She had to do something. She couldn't't let him die. He was injured while saving her. She couldn't let him die on her leaving her with guilt for a lifetime that is if she survived this time.

"Prince Ranj? Can you hear me?"she asked.

Ranj nodded with much difficulties.

"You are not in a good condition. I don't know what to do but i have to call for help. Otherwise you won't be able to survive. I have to find help. Please stay here for a bit. I will discreetly go and find someone to help" she said with a desperate voice. Although she knew that there will very less chance that she could find any help but a very high chance that she would get caught again. But by the prince's condition deteriorating with every minute. She had to take the chance.

She was about to get up to go out when he stopped her by holding her hand. She looked at him in confusion. His droopy eyes held her eyes in dissuasion.

He managed to croak out," Don't Princess. You will get caught. If i die while saving you ,it will be my honour. One death is better than two death. Let me die. Don't put yourself in danger."

"But you are in this condition because of me" Mitra cried out.

"No, i would do anything to save an innocent life. Its not your fault. I came here to save the people anyway. Please,i request you, don't go outside" he said with his barely audible voice. After that he went silent. With every minute his breathing was getting heavy. His temperature dropped to a serious level.
Mitra was clueless what to do. She was crying and constantly rubbing his hands. With his body getting cold, she didn't think much before pulling her Angabastra from her body and wrapping it around him. But that didn't help much. She asked God for forgiveness before pulling him towards her and hugging him with her body to let the heat seep into him. Ranj was barely in his sense to see what was going on but he could feel her body against him. Although it gave him some warmth but not enough to revive his body temperature. Mitra was constantly rubbing his arms and palms for providing him more warmth. But its of no use. They were silent. Loud cries of women and children were coming from outside. Mitra was praying to God for any kind of help.

After a few moments,she noticed that the silence was too deep. She checked on Ranj. He fainted.His pulse was dropping and he was taking shallow breath. She knew what was going to happen soon. And she cried more when thought about it. What would happen to Kirti?,What would happen to their world?, the Jyotiragas?, who would be their King to lead them?. All the clan depends upon the heir of the King to rule them,protect them, give them security. What would happen if the said heir died? There will be lots of uproar. And with the evil forces rising again. Jyotiragas need an efficient and capable leader for them. Prince Abhiranjan is the only one who could lead them efficiently. Moreover, her best friend was to be married to this man. She couldn't think straight. She couldn't think of anything to help. She was praying to Mother nature to give her a way to help him. She won't be able to live with guilt if something happened to him.

Her thoughts halted the moment she felt that,Ranj was not breathing anymore.  Her breath hitch. She was frozen for a moment but a sharp cry of despair left her mouth. She felt her world shake under her feet. She hurriedly checked him properly when she felt his faint pulses. She was relieved for a second.

"Please, please , please be alive. Don't die, please" She was crying heavily now." You can't leave like that. There are people waiting for you Prince, they need you, your duties are not finished yet. Please come back"

"Please, Mother nature help me. Please help me." She was crying hysterically.

She felt her breathing becoming shallow because of her crying constantly. She knew she couldn't do anything. But she was determined that nothing would go wrong. She won't let him go like this. She was ransacking her mind to think of any thing that might help him when she remembered what her sister told about Atmakarana,the process through which she can share her soul with him, so that he will be able to live as long as she lives. The idea was insane because that would change everything. Her world would be destroyed in a moment. Not only hers but Kirti's and the others as well. Every dream, every happiness, every hope would vanished from her life. But it was a dire situation. If sacrificing everything for the man who saved her life,saved his life in return,then it was worth it. She knew what she was going to do. The guilt, desperation, remorse,shame,fear every emotions clutched her at that moment. Kirti's face flashes before her. Aryajit,her lover's as well. She cried and asked for their forgiveness although they couldn't hear her,

" PLEASE,forgive me for what i am going to do. I have no other choice. For the future of our clan,for the greater good of the masses and for saving the man i am indebted to,i have to do this".

With great care she embraced Prince Abhiranjan while sobbing silently. She held him tightly in her arms and concentrate on channeling her energy. She remembered what her sister Urvashi said about the almost negligible chance of completing the process. But she was determined to save him.

"Mother nature. Please give me the strength to complete this,to save this person's life who is important for many people out there. I know i am committing a sin by doing this, i am betraying my best friend and the love of my life but please understand that this person had many people dependent on him. He shouldn't die. I am not doing this for my own sake but for the sake of the people. I will accept any punishment you give me for this sin but please help me completing the process." She pleaded and prayed to Mother Goddess.

She was channelizing with great effort but nothing happened. She tried and tried many times but failed. But she didn't give up. She was sobbing, pleading to Mother Goddess and giving every inch of her effort to channelized the energy in every part of her body. After a little while a white luminous light started to emanate from her. She hold Ranj more closer to her and prayed that his body accept her soul's energy. She waited and waited and after a moment she saw that her energy was transmitting through her to his body. His body is accepting a part of her soul. She noticed that his breathing was much stable now. His body was gradually getting warm. She sighed in relief but she also realised that she had merge her soul with prince Abhiranjan,the would be husband of her best friend. They have become one in a sense and the realisation create a havoc in her heart. But she was unable to think anymore because she felt dizzy after a while and slowly fainted with Ranj in her arms.

       *******************************

WOW, THAT WAS UNEXPECTED RIGHT?OR DID YOU GUYS ALREADY HAD THE HUNCH? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS. AND PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU ENJOYED READING.

THANKS AND ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️