CHAPTER -10

Silence in the great hall was too thick. King Vibhuvashan's revealation had shocked everyone except Guru Srihasti and Queen Jayanti.

Abhiranjan couldn't believe that his parents had hid something so important from him. First about the Akhanda Vachan and now about his half brother.

"Tell us everything Pitashree. How is it that i have no clue that i have a half sibling? Where is he? And if my mother had not given birth to him then who did?" Ranj asked. He was curious. And he wanted to know the whole story.

King Vibhuvashan knew that the time had come when he had to reveal everything. He couldn't hide it anymore. He knew people present there would see him in a different light after that but the situation they were in demand the truth. He looked at the faces present before him eagerly asking for the truth. He then looked at Guru Srihasti and at queen Jayanti. Both of them had nodded their head in consent.

The King heaved out a breathe and started," It was known to all that our ancestors had signed a pact to stop the Great war. The treaty was signed in the hope that there will be no further wars in the future. But that didn't fully stop the wars and restored peace completely. There always prevail some unrest and distressful situations near the border in the bank of Nirjala river." King Vibhuvashan paused a little and sighed," Once i was called at the borders to handle such a situation. But due lack of assessment of the enemies' power and pre preparations i got injured very gravely. It was a life threatening condition. That's when i was taken to the nearby village for treatment. But there were no medical expert or healer in that village. People had to walk a long distance to visit a healer. It was at that time a woman named Prabhavati came to my rescue. She treated me with her powers. But i was too weak to move. She tend to my wounds everyday. And after sometime i got to know that her real name was Dhruvastuti . She was the daughter of Ashwamali,the chief advisor of Kashavargas's king Jambhak. Her father was an oppressor. He wanted her to marry King Jambhak who was a tyrant and an abuser. She fled from her land and was living in that village after changing her identity to Prabhavati. She was different. She was not like any Kashavarga who are generally evil.We became close after we spend some more time together. I was recovering quickly. Time went by and we grew more closer and closer until one night we crossed the limit of intimacy that should have never been crossed. I wasn't in love with her but i still had some feelings for her. After that night she kept her distance from me. But one day she approached me and declared that she was carrying my child.
I was happy and scared at the same time. I knew that nobody would accept our relation and our child. But still i composed myself and decided to take her responsibility. I asked her to marry me. I told her that i would convince everyone. And even if i get banished from my land for committing the sin, i would never leave her and our child. But she declined. She told me to choose my responsibility for my land and my people over her. Though i was not convinced. I tried to persuade her but she refused everytime. At last i had to give up. I can't marry her without her consent. But before leaving her i had made arrangements for her settlement in the outskirt of the village near the river bank to protect her from the humiliation that she would have to face from the villagers. I returned to Antespura when my father decided to get me married to Maharani Jayanti. He was scared that he would never be able to see his heir if that kind of attacks continued to happen.I appointed a spy to give me every information about them even after i got married. I cannot let them be vulnerable to danger. After eight years,one day i suddenly got the news that someone from the Kashavargas had tried to attacked Dhruvastuti and my son. I immediately went to save them. I was fortunate to reach in time and was able to protect them. The attacker was killed. It was later revealed that the man was send by her father. And for the first time i saw my son. My Rudransh." King Vibhuvashan smiled a bit remembering his son.

" He was only eight years old at that time but i saw intense bravery and courage in his eyes. He approached toward me and thanked me for saving his mother. He talked like a grown up person. I had to smile when he said that he never owed anything to anyone. He firmly said that he would repay me one day for the help. After i took care of their safety i had to return. That was the last time i saw him and his mother. I embraced him for the last time before returning to Antespura. After some time i got the news that they were missing. I send my men everywhere,to every corner of the land in search for them but they were never found. At last i had to give up. But i know and i have faith that he was very much out there somewhere." King Vibhuvashan finished his story and took a deep breath again. It was hard for him to reminisce the past. He wonder where his son could be.

Everyone was silent by the end of the story. They listened to his story carefully. And it was shocking for each of them.

Guru Srihasti intrude the silence and said, " Now that everyone know the story. You all get the idea that Rudransh is our only solution. Princess Devkirti needs to marry King Vibhuvashan's son to fulfill the Akhanda Vachan. It doesn't matter who that particular son is as long as he is the king's son."

Abhiranjan felt hurt after hearing it. The woman who had become his object of fascination,the woman with whom he had seen his whole life with in just a few days after meeting her was to be married to his own half brother of whom he knew nothing about. The feeling was unsettling for him. But nothing can be done. It was necessary for saving his father's life. Mitra on the other hand was concerned for her friend. She looked at Kirti and saw her sitting there with no reaction on her face. But Mitra knew that she was breaking inside.

"But how will you find him Gurudev. I had tried for many years to find them. You also know that. Then how will we find him?"King Vibhuvashan asked.

"Leave that to me Maharaj" Guru Srihasti said. And then he turned to King Bibhuti and asked," Do you have any doubts Maharaj Bibhuti?"

King Bibhuti looked at her daughter and her distressed faced. He then turn to his wife queen Sulekha who was holding their daughter for giving her support. Her faced was grim.He turned to King Vibhuvashan and Guru Srihasti and spoke about his concern," Gurudev,i know that you have found the solution to this grave consequential problem but this is also about my daughter's life. The man you are talking about is not a complete Jyotiragas. We couldn't deny that he is half Kashavarga as well. We don't know how he is. Will he be able to take care of my only daughter. Will she be in any danger? Moreover,he is an illegitimate child. Will our clan respect my daughter after the marriage?"

Guru Srihasti stepped in front of King Bibhuti and said," We understand your concern Maharaj. But you should know very well that a child inculcate the teachings and morals from his or her parents. Even if Rudransh is a half Kashavarga but his mother is a noble woman. So,Don't worry too much. Again,even if he will be the illegitimate child but still he is the son of the king. It will not affect your daughter's prestige in any way. And most importantly, you don't have a choice. You have no heir to ascend the throne of Satlavi. Your death will destroy your land. And its your responsibility as a king to think about your people even before your own family.

King Bibhuti contemplate for a moment and nodded his head in agreement. He knew that his people need him. He looked at his daughter once again. He went near her and pat her head and said," My dear please forgive your selfish father". Queen Sulekha sobbed beside her.

Kirti was listening to everything the whole time without any reaction. She was tired of crying. She saw how her life altered in front of her eyes in a few moments. And she didn't have any say in all of that. How pathetic it was that her whole life and her future changed because of a Vachan. She couldn't say anything. Actually she didn't want to say anything. She knew her happiness and her hopes were gone forever. The only thing she could do right then was to save her father and her people from possible destruction.

*****************************

HEY ALL THE BEAUTIFUL READERS. I GENUINELY WANTED TO KNOW YOUR OPINION ON THE STORY. SINCE ITS MY FIRST TIME TO WRITE SOMETHING IN THIS GENRE ,I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT IT.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS AND DON'T FORGET TO LIKE THE STORY IF YOU ENJOYED IT.

THANKS AND ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️