Devine intervention

"Hell yeah this is my chance," Dex smirks after reading our group pairing, probably ecstatic that Juliet now is forced to spend time with him

I'm about to move when I feel an arm brush up against mine, causing me to tilt my head to the side.

I look down at the short girl, immediately realising that it's Juliet. She must of had a rough night too, her hair is pulled into a messy bun and her tired face is poorly concealed under the pair of glasses she's wearing.

She reads the paper, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she looks around the room. Of course she doesn't know who we are, I wouldn't expect anything less from the most self centred girl on campus.

Dex nods at her. "You're with us," He says, trying to hide his excitement. Her eyes dart between the three of us before she opens her mouth, "Oh it's nice to meet you guys, I'm Juliet," She introduces herself friendlily even though we've literally been in the same class for months.

"We know," Dex snorts, causing her to shrink slightly. "When are you guys free to start the project?" She asks, pulling out her phone.

"There's no classes tomorrow we could start then," Sy suggests. "Okay where do you want to meet?" She asks.

Dex and Sy both look at me expectantly, knowing I'm the only one lucky enough to have a dorm without a roommate. "Nah," I say bluntly, knowing my room is completely trashed.

"What about your dorm?" Sy asks Juliet. "I don't live on campus," She replies, a hint of sadness flashing in her eyes.

"We'll come to your place," I state, grabbing her phone out of her hand and opening contacts. "Text your address," I instruct before turning around and heading out of the hall.

 "Text your address," I instruct before turning around and heading out of the hall

I head towards my car, still baffled by my interaction with those boys.

I would have never agreed to invite them to my house, the thought alone filling me anxiety but it all happened so quickly. 

I sigh before starting up the car and driving steadily off campus, my lack of breakfast finally getting to me as my stomach rumbles furiously.

I decide to treat myself and go to Starbucks, parking up in the carpark before hopping out and heading towards the entrance.